T
Dedicated May 2012

Favorite Bridal Magazine

Tiffany, on July 21, 2011 at 8:54 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

Hey beautiful brides-to-be and brides! I recently bought the knot magazine (summer 2011) and it is huge! I mainly bought it because there were a lot of ideas in it and I am very familiar with the knot (it was also the least expensive!). Locations was also a great magazine, but I have only seen one and got it at a bridal expo. If only bridal magazines weren't nearly $20...I would buy a bunch! Just wanted to know if there is any bridal magazine that you like the most/find most useful?

11 Comments

• Desiree
    Expert May 2012
    Desiree ·
    • Flag

I find most are just full of advertisments. It was fun at first when I didn't have anything planned, but now I don't find they're worth it for me. I know my colors, have my dress, have most things planned so the ads aren't for me anymore. I find I open one up and there's 100 pages of just dresses

• T
    Dedicated May 2012
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

That is very true! I have everything planned for the most part but I love just looking at different centerpieces and favor ideas. I feel like I just do all the planning on the internet because the magazines are so dress heavy!

• Desiree
    Expert May 2012
    Desiree ·
    • Flag

Exactly... now I'm more looking for different ideas and things to add rather than what they show you in the mags. That's why I prefer the internet, easier to get ideas and not spending all this money on paper that'll only take me 10 mins to look through. I have stacks and stacks of them sitting in my closet I need to get rid of.

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

Real Simple Weddings was the BEST & most informative magazine that I've bought. There are no ads - it really educated me on how to plan a wedding. Where to start/timelines/checklists/what is what/etc. Best money I've spend this far!

I have about a dozen magazines... but once we picked our colors & had an idea of what we wanted the internet has been the best tool for us. :o) Google images is the bomb.

• Tanya
    Dedicated August 2012
    Tanya ·
    • Flag

I have to second the Real Simple Weddings shown above....answers a tons of questions and the checklists are helpful. However I am in the beginning stages of planning ie: can't even decide my colors, just finalized the date, etc so we might not be at the same stage Smiley smile

• Dena&JD
    Master April 2012
    Dena&JD ·
    • Flag

I prefer google..I am suscribed to Brides and its just advertising :-/

• Katie
    Super June 2012
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Uuuggghhhh I am ADDICTED to bridal magazines lol... I really do have a problem... Every time I go get coffee at work in the book store, I always walk out with one... however lately, it's hard to find one that I don't already have... uuuggghhhh That's when you know you have a problem!! ha ha

• Mrs. Brown!!!!
    Expert July 2010
    Mrs. Brown!!!! ·
    • Flag

Bride & Groom is a great one and Bride Magazine! They are great as well. Make sure you don't get the duplicate Knot magazine. some issues only the cover changes and the content stays the same as the last one....

• T
    Dedicated May 2012
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies! I am definitely going to look into Real Simple, I actually saw it in the store but didnt get a chance to glance through it. I don't know why but I just enjoy looking though an actual magazine for a change..I think I had google image-itis lol. Also just a suggestion, I found an downloadable organizer from bridesclub.com.

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

At first I wasn't impressed with Real Simple but my FH insisted that we get it and look through it. As soon as we got home and started reading it I was very pleasently surprised! I wish I had bought the magazine the day after we got engaged!!! It's basically wedding planning for dummies. It explains EVERYTHING!

Also - for checklists I found that russell and hazel make the best. They have a detailed organizer for everything and they don't plaster their website all over the pages like most other checklists I found did.

http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/wedding-templates

• CherylR
    Super March 2011
    CherylR ·
    • Flag

Check out Brides Local depending on what state you are in. It only runs in certain markets but it is geared towards local vendors in your area. I loved it.

Comment on this discussion