H
Just Said Yes September 2018

Favorite boxed wine?

Hope Marie, on July 7, 2018 at 1:07 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 16
Saved Save
Okay ladies, share your favorite boxed wine with me! I'm using them for my reception, and will be trying a few before we decide but there's so many I'm not even sure where to start.

If you're just going to say "there's no good boxed wine", please just move on. It's really just a waste of both of our time.

16 Comments

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    I like Bota and I think there's another common one in a black box that's good but I can't remember the name.
  • Mrs.D
    Devoted August 2018
    Mrs.D ·
    I never thought to ask here!! I’ve been searching (buying) boxed wine for a couple months now trying to find one or two for my wedding!!
  • Janel
    Super September 2018
    Janel ·
    I think boxed wine is losing its stigma of being poor quality. I have heard good things about Bota.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/03/10-boxed-wines-that-are-actually-amazing.html
  • B11
    Super May 2019
    B11 ·
    Black box, Bota box, Naked Grape. Just definitely not Franzia haha
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    Bota box is the only one I actually like consistently. I’ve tried a few when we have cookouts and stuff. Some of the Black Box wines are good. Download the Vivino app. People rate wines on there. I use it all the time. It’s very helpful.
  • B
    Beginner November 2019
    Bobbie Lee ·
    Black Box is actually pretty good!
  • Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    Honestly love the line of board some that Target carries. The wine choices. They're delicious. Malbec and Pinot Noir are my two personal faves of that line.
  • Casey
    VIP December 2018
    Casey ·
    Black box! We tried them specifically to buy for the wedding but now they’re a staple at my parent’s house! The Malbec is my favorite and we also like the Cabernet. We don’t know too much about white but their Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio basically taste as they should so it works out great! Caution: their Rose is NOT a sweet rose. It’s very dry and basically tastes like Pinot Grigio. It’s nasty. So now we need to find a sweet boxed wine - or maybe just go with a cider.
  • Casey
    VIP December 2018
    Casey ·
    A lot of these sell smaller boxes for around $4 each. They have around 3 glasses of wine in them. They’re perfect to try! Just make sure to hit up a larger liquor store so you can grab a bunch to sample.

also, as far as a “stay away” box - I absolutely hated Vin Vault.
  • Mrs. Mecking
    Expert August 2018
    Mrs. Mecking ·
    My FS likes Black Box.
  • S
    Beginner May 2019
    Stephanie ·
    My coworker raves about Almaden's Chardonnay. I really like Peter Vella Vineyard's Delicious Red - it's a slightly sweet red blend.
  • plangalCG
    VIP May 2018
    plangalCG ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Ditto here! Love that wine!
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·

Hi Hope Marie! Have you been able to gather your boxed wine for your upcoming September wedding? I would love to know!!

• Stephanie
    Expert October 2018
    Stephanie ·

There are two I like, Naked Grape-Peach

Also Franzia Crisp White. I like them both. both whites. Delish

• M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·

Following! Looking into purchasing boxed wine for our reception to get more bang for our buck.

• V
    Super April 2019
    Valerie ·

I like Black Box. Fair warning, they don't do sweet wines. Which I think is great because I love dry wines and dry roses and this new (gross) sweet wine trend makes good dry whites and roses hard and expensive to find.

Comment on this discussion