Fiona
Expert October 2018

Father of the Bride and Father of the Groom Suits!

Fiona, on June 15, 2018 at 7:34 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save
Hello! Tell me what you all are planning on the Father’s of the bride and groom wearing! (I.e. matching suits as the groomsmen, matching suits with each other with different ties, totally different suits!) Looking for ideas! Thanks!

9 Comments

• Deryn
    Expert October 2018
    Deryn ·
    • Flag
    They don’t have to match the groomsmen or each other; they can wear any suit they want. My dad will be wearing his uniform. My FFIL, however, wants to get the same suit as the groomsmen but he will wear a different tie
  • Time2Shine
    Devoted September 2019
    Time2Shine ·
    • Flag
    My dad will just wear a suit. I'm going to give him a swatch, because he will probably want to match his tie and pocket square. My FH's father passed away, so unfortunately he won't be attending.
  • Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I know they can. I’m just interested to see what people out in Weddig Wire one are doing! Smiley smile
  • Jillian
    Devoted August 2018
    Jillian ·
    • Flag
    FFIL is wearing a suit he already owns (I have no idea what it looks like). Tomorrow I’m going to the tux rental place with my dad, were starting out with what the groomsmen are wearing it and adjusting it to whatever my dad wants (for example he doesn’t want a vest).
  • WED18
    July 1993
    WED18 ·
    • Flag
    For our July bride my DH is wearing a tux to match the groom, FOG, and the 2 ushers which are all family. The groomsmen are wearing the same tux but different shirt color.

For our November bride DH will wear a tux but we’re not sure of the exact details yet.
  • augbride
    Super August 2018
    augbride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Neither my dad or FFIL already owned a suit that they wanted to wear to the wedding so they will both be renting the same suits as the groomsmen but wearing a different tie.
  • thyia
    Super August 2018
    thyia ·
    • Flag
    We are going to rent from the black tux .com. we've read great reviews! Hope it works out!!
  • FutureMrsN14
    Super July 2018
    FutureMrsN14 ·
    • Flag
    Ours are matching (because they want to be) but we got them different color ties Smiley smile
  • Lexi
    Dedicated September 2018
    Lexi ·
    • Flag
    Mine are doing matching suit with the groomsmen with different ties!

Comment on this discussion