We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelsey
VIP September 2020

Family photos..

Kelsey, on September 4, 2020 at 11:22 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 14
Saved Save

Hey all, we had a meeting last night with our photographer to go over the details of our big day. Hard to believe it's 8 days away!! So my photographer told us that we should let the family members that we want in family photos know ahead of time so they don't wander around then after family pics we will do our group pics. On the way home, I said I just want to do immediate family, not aunts, uncles etc. FH is fine with that and agrees. My problem is that I don't want his sister in pics, she has caused nothing but problems. She is so mean and rude to my FH. But at the same time I really don't feel like fighting about this. Honestly, I hate saying this but I almost wish she weren't coming because she causes so many issues. I probably should just let this go and just have her in pics. But I so don't want her in them. I know that she is going to cause some sort of scene at the wedding, I just know it. She already told us that if anyone doesn't have a mask on she is going to say something to them. Which bugs me because she obviously doesn't know everyone there and while I know most of the guests I don't know their medical background. So what if they have a medical issue that prevents them wearing one. I just find that offensive and super rude. Ok, I'm sorry that turned into more of a vent. I just don't know what to do...

14 Comments

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine Online
    • Flag

Sit down and have a talk with her and let her know that no drama will be tolerated because its you and your fiances big day not hers. As far as the pictures I wouldn't kick her out of them unless she causes drama while taking them.

• Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta
    • Flag
    Totally understand you not wanting someone toxic in pictures of one of the biggest days of your life. I agree with you though, it is probably best to just let it go since she IS his sister. My best advice would be to have the photographer make sure she is at the end (ie, The last person on either the left or the right of the group) in any pics she is included in- That way, you always have the option of cropping her out of the picture later 馃槀
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    While she may be rude, it's not really your place to decide which members if his family he wants in photos. I agree that you guys should tell her that rude behavior isn't acceptable.
  • Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG! Smiley xd This would be what I would do! Easily crop her out, but she is included in the day!

• Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    LMFAO!!! This is a GREAT idea 馃槀馃槀馃槀
    tenor.gif

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag

Aha i like the idea of putting her at the edge so you could have SOME photos cropped out of her. but i would include her in photos because at the end of the day that's his family. i'm not fond of my brother in law either but he was a groomsman so it is what it is, that's family.

• Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa
    • Flag
    I would also do photos with her first so you can dismiss her & send her off to the cocktail hour so you have very little interaction with her.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm so going to do that. That's a great idea. Maybe my photographer will even make a mistake and somehow not have in them lol. I'm kidding on that one. But one can only hope!

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha!!! i love this!

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's not her place of be on mask patrol either though. I'm not going to say anything but I'm just frustrated with her.

• R
    Super September 2018
    Rachel
    • Flag
    If she鈥檚 the only sibling, it鈥檚 easy, the photographer just dismisses her after the full family shot and then you take photos with both parents, with each set of parents individually. If she鈥檚 one of multiple siblings, ask your photographer. There鈥檚 likely a way they can either place her or dismiss her that is least likely to clue her in that she鈥檚 specifically being removed. A seasoned wedding photographer deals with this more often than you think. 馃槣 But yes she should be in at least a few photos and then removed.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

She is his only sibling. I'm going to have part way suck it up and just be done with it. I think we will do pics with her and his family first then she can leave the area. I know she kind of has to be in some pics.

• R
    Super September 2018
    Rachel
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Perfect! Super easy! You鈥檒l likely do one pose of you & your husband plus both sets of parents plus the sister. Then your parents step out and it鈥檚 photos with you two and his parents plus sister. Then sister steps out and it鈥檚 you two and his parents. Then him and his parents. Then you and your parents step back in for photos with couple plus both sets of parents (no sister!). Then just couple and your parents. Then you and your parents. And voila, you鈥檙e done! You never have to look at the photos with sister in them again, but it might mean the world to your husband or his parents to have those 1-2 shots where she鈥檚 in the frame. It鈥檒l be less than five minutes of your day to get those shots with her, don鈥檛 worry one bit. 鉂わ笍
  • Super August 2020
    • Flag
    She will likely cause more drama if you don't include her (by going around talking about the fact that she was excluded) than if you do. She can't really talk while staged photos are being taken!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles