K
Savvy October 2010

fall 2010 outdoor wedding

Kate, on February 7, 2010 at 9:28 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

Hello! I am getting married in early October 2010 and I'm having trouble with my color scheme. I was opting for an apple red but now I'm putting my girls in long chiffon dresses so I wanted a softer color. I am thinking champagne dresses and burgundy flowers but I also want to use latte as part of my color. Should th BMs wear latte or champagne dresses? At any rate, I am wondering if champane, latte, and hints of burgundy would be good for an early fall wedding. My dress is a long chiffon, soft ivory color. We will be getting married outdoors along the lake. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

18 Comments

• Officially His Mrs P.
    Master October 2010
    Officially His Mrs P. ·
    • Flag

Love your date!!! that's what i wanted initially, but thats a whole other story! i think those colors are beautiful & def the colors of fall....i chose burgundy & gold while I'll be wearing an ivory dress.

• L
    VIP October 2010
    loveat1stsite ·
    • Flag

Aw we are all getting married in the same wknd!! I love those color choices...my colors are burgundy (BM dresses) and burnt orange. I will also be wearing an ivory dress Smiley smile I think those colors will work well Smiley smile best of luck with what you decide!

• Officially His Mrs P.
    Master October 2010
    Officially His Mrs P. ·
    • Flag

Oooh those are beautiful loveat1stsite!!! I can see it in my head!

• mmariel8
    Dedicated November 2010
    mmariel8 ·
    • Flag

All of your colors sound WONDERFUL. Mine is later fall wedding but i am wearing ivory dress and my girls truffle. i will have golds, oranges and reds throughout in the flowers and decor. Your colors sound awesome. My FH's tux will be ivory with a champange vest/tie that has hints of gold in it! I LOVE Fall weddings!

• K
    Savvy October 2010
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Thank you for the ideas! Everyone's colors do sound beautiful!

• Lori Luza
    December 2019
    Lori Luza ·
    • Flag

It all sounds beautiful. Fall is my new favorite season!

If you want a preview of the colors, schedule a consultation at your party rentals store. Tell them you want to see these colors together so they can pull napkins in each of those colors.

Not only will you get to see them in unison, you'll also have an idea of which one becomes the main color and which should be the accents. And, you'll know what shades the rentals place has so you can be sure that your maid's dresses and the flowers coordinate.

You can also play with colors here:

http://kuler.adobe.com/

• Arnaldo Martinez
    December 2019
    Arnaldo Martinez ·
    • Flag

Dear Kate K.: Which ever color you choose I know for sure that you are going to look great. Just talk to your wedding photographer and make sure that he or she knows what do you want. The photographer is an artist and he is no just going to take your photos, he will create them. But he need to know from you what type of photos you would like to have of your wedding. www.ampvp.net

• Christine Anderson
    December 2019
    Christine Anderson ·
    • Flag

I am absolutely in love with your color ideas! You are taking a classic and turing it into something unique! Love the idea of champagne for the bridesmaides.

• Tracey
    Super May 2011
    Tracey ·
    • Flag

Those colors are great! My best friend has the same wedding date!

I would opt for latte bridesmaids dresses, though. It will make your dress look all the lovelier!

• K
    Savvy October 2010
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I am torn between latte and champagne for the bridesmaids! I think champagne is prettier but it might be too light. So... what about BM and GM in latte and the groom in a champagne vest which will match the ring bearer and flower girl--I can put a champagne sash on the flower girl in either a white or ivory dress... My dress is a soft ivory but my fiance would rather more color for him then just ivory. So what do you think?

• Mrs Danie
    Master October 2010
    Mrs Danie ·
    • Flag

We are getting married the same day. We are having a gypsy renaissance theme. We are using all the colors of fall. Gypsies are very colorful and no on matched in the Renaissance. My dress will be ivory accented with burgandy, gold and a soft dark green. My bridesmaids are making their own dresses in a mixture of fall colors.

You could always go with gold color dresses with burgandy sashes and the flower girl opposite, it will add more color.

• Katie
    Dedicated October 2010
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in October. I'm looking at a champagne ivory dress for me and . Wine or chocolate for my Bms. Why don't you do Champagne and add a tie of espresso to tie it all together. I found a few dresses that were champagne and had chocolate accents and they were beautiful. I may end up doing that myself. My colors are Chocolate, Wine, and Champagne.

• N
    Just Said Yes September 2010
    nethandra ·
    • Flag

Im in the same predictament. i have too many choices!!! congrats to all the couples on your engagements and upcoming weddings

• J
    Just Said Yes September 2011
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

@ Katie M. what wonderful color choices (and names!) I'm just beginning to plan, but I was thinking of using a splash of medium purple to accent.

Kate, I think that the latte dresses would help your dress stand out more. You could definitely put the ring bearer and flower girl in champagne to contrast.

• O
    Devoted October 2010
    OctoberBride ·
    • Flag

We're getting married October 1st. The bridesmaids will be in brown (chocolate) and their flowers will be filled with oranges, reds, and greens (with eucalyptis, berries and mango calla lillies)

Here's link for a similar color scheme my florist is using as her guide:

http://www.mayweddingflowers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wedding-flowers-fall-255x300.jpg

• E
    Just Said Yes October 2010
    Eda ·
    • Flag

I am also getting married in later October. I am having my girls in green dresses (it is my favorite colour) and am doing burnt orange, green and brown as my colours. I will wear an ivory dress as well. We are getting married outside so I wanted to really go with a fall theme!

• Bri-guy's Gal
    Devoted September 2010
    Bri-guy's Gal ·
    • Flag

I'm using the latte in my mid-September wedding. I wanted chocolate, but FH was dead set against it, so the latte is a compromise color. My dress is champagne, and the latte is a nice contrast. I am using a light pool blue to accent.

• K
    Savvy October 2010
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Hmmmm..... I've been researching flowers and I really like star of bethlehem which has lots of greenery. Would a champagne and latte color scheme look nice with white flowers and greenery? Would it be too bland or nice and soft for a fall wedding? Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It's nice to spring ideas!

Comment on this discussion