H
Savvy June 2018

Fairytale/Garden themed centerpieces?

Heather, on Dec 5, 2017 at 11:19 AM Posted in Style and Décor

We're having our wedding in a botanical garden- ceremony in a gazebo on a small pond and the reception in a garden themed room (and we're so excited!!). The reception area is already decorated pretty well so the most important decoration we need to add is centerpieces. We would like a fairytale/garden theme but I think I want to use something more than just flowers. Any ideas? Any suggestions on additional decorations for the room would be great too!

Here's a photo of the room they had online (everything but the centerpieces will be in the room already). I didn't think to take any of my own pictures when we were there.

Share:

14 Comments

• Katy
    VIP June 2018
    Katy ·

Lots of greenery! We are going for a garden feel in our barn venue so our centerpieces will be floral, we're also adding light greenery and candles as a runner. Our florist suggested doing wall hangings of vines and carnations, plus we are adding hoops like the ones in the picture.

• Charli
    Expert May 2018
    Charli ·

We're having the same theme and we're going with centerpieces like this

• Katy
    VIP June 2018
    Katy ·

These are what the wall hangings will look like. She's doing 6' x 5' in length.

• FutureMrsBeeson
    Dedicated September 2019
    FutureMrsBeeson ·

You can you books to hold up lanterns with a candle that spill greenery.

• muriel
    Master June 2018
    muriel ·

The one thing I would not use in that room is the blue (or any other color) up lighting. It doesn't work for a garden venue.

Initially I was going to suggest something with fairy lights, but there are so many small lights on the arbor already that I'm afraid they would have no impact.

If you search the name of your venue and wedding, you will see what other people have done.

Have you chosen colors for your wedding? Linen colors?

Consider using a lantern centerpiece. Keeping it simple with a pillar candle and maybe some greenery would complement the decor but not compete with it.

Another option would be to use ferns with a few votive candles.

• H
    Savvy June 2018
    Heather ·

All of these are great ideas! I really like the lanterns.

@Charli H I love those!! Can I ask where you got them?

@muriel j. I think the blue lights might have been added by someone for an event. They weren't on when we were there and I definitely wouldn't want them for our reception. I haven't officially chosen colors but I'm thinking a soft blue or purple (like lavender) that would pair well with pinks, whites and greens. The linens will probably just be white.

• Charli
    Expert May 2018
    Charli ·

Heather, that picture is from Pinterest. But we plan on getting the branches from bloomsandbranches.com. We plan on getting a half styrofoam ball to use as the base and cover it in moss with the flower petals around the base. And we'll add a few flowers and hanging crystals in the tree. It's simple but gives off an elegant fairy vibe.

• muriel
    Master June 2018
    muriel ·

@Heather- you can find pics of manzanita branch centerpieces on Pinterest. They are a fairly easy DIY and would work for your venue.

• Brianna
    VIP May 2018
    Brianna ·

Lots of greenery! I think lavender would look good with the other colors you mentioned too.

• Briana
    Dedicated April 2018
    Briana ·

We're going to be using a lot of greenery and hanging flowers from the ceiling. I love this theme and am going for the same thing! I posted my mock centerpiece before but here it is again!

• muriel
    Master June 2018
    muriel ·

@Charli- you are going to need more than a half ball of styrofoam for a base, unless you are cementing that ball to the inside of a wooden box or other container.

Manzanita branch centerpieces are top heavy. The easiest way to stabilize the branch in a vase or box is to use expanding foam insulation or plaster of paris. Some people use rocks but I have never found them as easy to use to give a stable base.

• Will & Tiara
    Expert September 2019
    Will & Tiara ·

I like this arrangement. It has a tropical feel, but very elegant.

• Nikki
    Super May 2018
    Nikki ·

What about manzanita trees? They add height & drama but are still very whimsical

• PHXBride
    Expert February 2018
    PHXBride ·

Here is our centerpiece, I am also adding fairy lights under the board.

Comment on this discussion