Tina~Bo~Bina
Master November 2012

F-U, SANDY! *Update*

Tina~Bo~Bina, on October 29, 2012 at 6:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 45
Saved Save

So....is Hurricane Sandy causing anyone besides my wedding week to go down the s#!tter? No? Just mine? Awesome!

Bachelorette party in NYC? Cancelled.

Vendor meet ups that were supposed to happen today/tomorrow? Not possible, flight's cancelled and I'm stuck down in Baltimore.

Getting the wedding license in time to get married on Friday? Flip of a coin right now, depending on if the courthouse is even open on Wednesday due to the weather.

My dress being finished on time? Fingers crossed, my seamstress told me she'd work by candlelight if she had to lol.

My guests? The Army has already wiped out half of the list, including a GM and possibly a BM - via deployment, TDY and training exercises - so let's pray that Sandy doesn't take out the rest of them Smiley tongue

Times like these make me wish FH had just went along with the idea of going to the courthouse.

Here's to YOU, Sandy!

45 Comments

• patty
    Dedicated August 2013
    patty ·
    • Flag

I will cross everyhing I have for you!!

Xoxoxo

• Tina~Bo~Bina
    Master November 2012
    Tina~Bo~Bina ·
    • Flag

Thanks, patty r!

Oh and I have no clue what the Germans are putting in their schnitzel, but my tatas went up like 2 cup sizes and my dress that fit me like a glove when I first got it, was fitting more like sausage casing on Friday so my seamstress had to go in to perform some emergency surgery on the dress - she's a miracle worker, so THAT crisis has been averted

Ok NOW I think I'm done venting lol

• patty
    Dedicated August 2013
    patty ·
    • Flag

Lol...xoxoxo

• Michele &
    Devoted June 2014
    Michele & ·
    • Flag

Prayers out to you and everyone else in its path.

• Jessica
    VIP March 2013
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Hugs, I hope everything works out for you.

• Christine
    Super December 2011
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Uh oh the boobs growing!!! THat may mean something!!! Anyways yes brothers and FSIL wedding is Friday and fingers crossed for both of you!!

• Amy
    Super June 2013
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Ahhhh! I would be a hot mess right now. But on a positive note, men tend to enjoy big boobies...

I am sending lots of prayers, and crossed fingers for you. Sandy seriously can suck it.

• Adrienne
    VIP August 2015
    Adrienne ·
    • Flag

Girl, I'm praying that this storm goes by quickly so you can still have a beautiful day.

• Laine
    Devoted November 2012
    Laine ·
    • Flag

I AGREE WITH YOU...My wedding happens to be occurring on a body of water IN THE EPICENTER OF THE DAMN HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am travelling EIGHT HOURS and now may have to drive.

Everyone who deals with being nervous the week of their wedding has nothing in comparison to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Michelle
    Master April 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Ugh girls you're in my prayers!!! The last one we had got my engagement pics rained out. ( I'm no where near the ocean) and this one were supposed to fly into the craziness on Thursday.

Good luck ladies sorry you're days have been so put off by this stupid hurricane....

• MistysoontobeBell
    Master October 2013
    MistysoontobeBell ·
    • Flag

Hope you find a way to get everything/one there and done. I will keep you in my prayers and cross all the things I can for both of you!!!!!

• Tina~Bo~Bina
    Master November 2012
    Tina~Bo~Bina ·
    • Flag

@ Amy S - I was a hot mess - for about an hour after sitting there watching the news reports (not by choice!) in the nail salon. My BFF/MOH promptly took me to BWW for a drink, made mine a double, and I immediately calmed down after downing the drink haha and then reminding myself that there is no point in freaking out over things that are completely out of my control.

@ Laine O. - someone else feels my pain! I'm sending positive vibes your way that everything goes smoothly and that your venue is good to go the day of!

• Spicydeene
    VIP October 2012
    Spicydeene ·
    • Flag

Tina & Lanie - I'm feeling for both of you and other brides this week!!!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

Tina....I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers. But, I have to say at least you have a good sense of humor about it. The tata comment just made me spit my water on the monitor.

• Private User
    Expert July 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Aw, sorry the hurricane is ruining things for you, Tina and Lanie. I'll keep you both in my thoughts!

• Tina~Bo~Bina
    Master November 2012
    Tina~Bo~Bina ·
    • Flag

@ Christine - I'm not preggers but I really do wonder what's going on with that - no weight gain except for in the boobs!

Oh and the seamstress said that I was the third person to come in over the past week with the same tata issue and that she really would like to know what the hell it is we are drinking or eating haha!

• Mrs. Kommeren
    Master December 2013
    Mrs. Kommeren ·
    • Flag

LMBO Tina, I needed that due to I am on light duty and still had to come in to work, due to my work boots hurt my feet and people have animals out in that darn weather sickens me...so yes F-U Sandy is how I feel too! I wish you luck though...

• Kimmi
    Super November 2012
    Kimmi ·
    • Flag

I couldn't imagine the stress of adding a hurricane as a guest. Prayers and good wishes being sent your way!

• HisMrs
    Master September 2012
    HisMrs ·
    • Flag

OH Tina I'm so sorry!!

I just so happen to have a box of sunshine and blue skies I've been saving for such an ocassion! I will send it out ASAP. When you're done with it pass it on to Laine!! Smiley smile

I hope things go as well as they possibly can!! Sending hugs and positive thuoghts your way. Good luck to you both.

• Margaret Sneddon
    January 2020
    Margaret Sneddon ·
    • Flag

Oh, Tina, So sorry!! Someday you may look on the whole thing as an adventure but I'm sure it doesn't feel that way at the moment. However, things sometimes have an amazing way of working out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck!

P.S. We are also hunkered down in NYC.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics