We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Katie
Super August 2021

Excited that our wedding is finally a little less than a year away

Katie, on August 28, 2020 at 9:44 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 11
Saved Save
Excited that our wedding is finally a little less than a year away 1
I can't believe our wedding is a little less than a year away. I've been planning this wedding since last August and we will be getting married next August. I'm excited but nervous to finally be 350 days away. When we got engaged last year and planned to get married 2 years out it felt like it was going by forever. And people kept questioning why I was already starting to plan things so early out. And thank Goodness I didn't listen to them and I went ahead and started to book when I did because I found out from other brides who started planning a year out that because of covid everything was booking up faster than normal. I also learned through this planning process that my closest family and friends didn't really want to hear about the wedding as much as I wanted to talk about it. And that people weren't going to be as excited as you think. I get what people say when they say they don't understand why people who are getting married kind of expect people in their circle to be excited about their wedding and want to talk about it all the time. Because as a guest it is just another day, and you really don't want to listen to someone talk about their wedding plans everyday. But I also get why some people hope the people in their circle would be excited about their wedding. As a girl who has had some really horrible boyfriends in the past and always thought that I would never find the right guy, id never settle down and have a family, it is very exciting to be getting married next year to the man of my dreams. So I also get people being excited and wanting others to be as excited for them. And wanting to talk about it all the time. However now I don't ever talk about my wedding to my friends or family unless someone brings it up and I don't even go into detail with them, I normally just give pretty short responses and then switch the subject.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Safiya, on August 29, 2020 at 4:31 AM
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

Congratulations that you're less than a year away. How exciting. I've tried to avoid wedding talk from the beginning. Mostly because I don't want others to influence or change my decisions. This is not their day, but mine and my FH's.

Anyway.... Congratulations and Happy Planning.

• Katie
    Super August 2021
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. And happy planning to you too
  • Jessica
    Rockstar September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Getting to the one year mark is exciting! We started planning 19 months in advance and at the beginning I never thought it would get here. I totally get the lack of excitement from friends and family, you’ll always find support and feedback here when you need it.
  • Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Congrats! I have learned the hard way no one wants to hear about it everyday! lol I was so stuck in my own world, that was all I knew lol. Trust me the time is going to be keep on flying. I got engaged in November 2019, and here I am getting married in 4 days!

• Brittany
    Super October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

YAY!!! A year will FLY by trust me!! Now being only 2 months out it goes by fast!! I'm glad that you were able to book the things you wanted!! I get the part about not wanting to talk about it every day and wanting people to be more excited about your big day. I think that's normal. Well, I am SUPER excited for you and I am hoping that things will fall perfectly in place for you and your SO on your day!!! Congratulations!!

• Katie
    Super August 2021
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. And congratulations, I hope everything goes good and the day is full of love and joy for you guys.
  • Katie
    Super August 2021
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much. I hope everything goes good for you guys as well. And congratulations also.
  • Alexandria
    Expert November 2020
    Alexandria ·
    • Flag

Congrats on the one year mark! It all comes together now Smiley smile I feel all of this post, like literally all of it, I've been planning my big day for 3 years and now I am FINALLY 10 weeks away!! It's so exciting and scary and overwhelming all at the same time. I think it's great that you started early, I found it so much easier to do that and great the big things out of the way quickly that way it was less stress on my plate. Also, when time starts getting closer everyone around you will be more excited and wanting to know about little details, so don't let the lack of excitement bring you down. I know that was something i had to get used to over the last three years because I just didn't know people wouldn't care, that being said... The people on Wedding Wire are an absolute delight! And they are ALWAYS willing to hear whatever want to talk about and offer advice, support, or to just let you vent about things! It really is a great platform and community for people getting married! Good luck with everything in the last year of planning!! Smiley heart

• Katie
    Super August 2021
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much. And congratulations, I hope your wedding day goes as planned and full of love and joy.
  • Alexandria
    Expert November 2020
    Alexandria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Of course! And thank you that is very sweet Smiley smile

• Safiya
    Dedicated June 2022
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    I also started planning my wedding last year and I'm getting married next year June. My family also complained that I was planning too early and I'm glad I did because a lot of vendors are getting booked quickly or they have limited availability. No matter what you do, you won't be able to please everyone, just remember to stay positive and don't let the negativity get to you. Surround yourself with people that enjoy talking about the wedding as much as you do and forget the rest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles