We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

bridetobe27
Dedicated July 2015

Excellence Playa Mujeres activities

bridetobe27, on January 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 9
Saved Save

Anyone have recommendations for activities/excursions we should take part in while we're at Excellence Playa Mujeres? Going for 5 nights, 4 days!

9 Comments

• bridetobe27
    Dedicated July 2015
    bridetobe27 ·
    • Flag

Anyone? We're looking at the excursion to the mayan ruins

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

I went there on my honeymoon. There are travel agents on the ground floor behind the martini bar. I would recommend Chichen Itza, Tulum, Garrafon (dolphins) and a catamaran. There's a lot of hype about taking a catamaran to Isa Mujeres, which we did, but I wasn't a huge fan. Isa Mujeres is a pretty poor island with very little to do if anything. If you choose a catamaran to Isla Mujeres, make sure it goes to Garrafon and not just to the island.

• futuremrs.l
    Super July 2015
    futuremrs.l ·
    • Flag

Like Kristenann I really liked Tulum, and Xel Ha, both of which would be full day excursions, or i think you can combine them in to half day each. Tulum isn't nearly as exciting as Chichen Itza as far as ruins go, but it's on the water and you can swim there if you like. Xel ha is a really fun marine park where you spend most of the day snorkeling and doing water activities.

We are really into snorkeling/diving and had a great time diving at the underwater museum outside Isla Mujeres.

I recommend booking excursions with a travel agent once you are there, you often get better prices (and can negotiate or modify once there) One other day what our travel agent called a booze cruise, which combined a couple hours of snorkeling, a few hours at the company's private beach on Isla Mujeres, with a bbq, drinks and games then we sailed back.

Isla Mujeres is pretty interesting, but definitely not an all day adventure. They have this tiny little sea turtle refuge/hatchery, but i personally love turtles. Cost for that was like $5

• NaShara and Milton
    VIP May 2015
    NaShara and Milton ·
    • Flag

This is where our honeymoon will be! I can't wait! Thanks for the recommendations ladies! Def want to look into the dolphins at Garrafon!

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

We were thinking about going there....don't miss the Mayan ruins!!

• A
    Just Said Yes August 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

We went to the Excellence back in August and loved it ... If you plan on going on an excursion, just remember you can bargain with them. We talked Joe from delta vacations down to 40.00per person for the mayan instead of the 80 dollars per person. Also I would suggest going to going on your excursion when you 1st get there BC you will be gone ALL day. And karaoke Was fun but I guest it depends on who all is in there on Monday & Friday nights at the club behind the stage, also Michael Jackson show on Thursday there. We spent most of our days at the main pool with the bar where we won a free spa treatment for winning a game. I hope this helps you ... Enjoy we are actually thinking about going back there for our honeymoon

• Kristin
    Expert August 2015
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

@Ashley - how was the weather in August. We are thinking of here for our honeymoon but I'm worried about the heat

• NaShara and Milton
    VIP May 2015
    NaShara and Milton ·
    • Flag

We are looking at August as well!!

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

I fell in love with this place after seeing this post- I think it's the winner for out Sept honeymoon! We've checked out Secrets and Sandals- and Excellence seems to have much better pricing!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles