Megan
Expert October 2014

Engagement Pics - What did you wear? Picture of location included

Megan, on July 23, 2014 at 9:59 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 37
Saved Save

Our engagement pictures are finally here!! (We got engaged in September 2013 so I've been eagerly waiting for quite some time.) With my crazy work schedule, I haven't even thought about what to wear in the pictures. FH is easy - jeans and a nice polo. But I have NO idea what I should wear! I'd love to see some pictures form you all to get some ideas Smiley smile

Here's a pic from our photographer at the location we will be at.

37 Comments

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

We went to a local garden in my hometown. I went with bold colors but only because FH picked my outfit. I am so happy I listened to him because the colors really pop in the pictures. This is something we would wear any typical day - so my suggestion is wear something comfy and YOU.

• Monana
    VIP May 2015
    Monana ·
    • Flag

I wore two different outfits, FH brought three different shirts but ended up staying in the first one.

• Megan
    Expert October 2014
    Megan ·
    • Flag

I LOVE that your FH picked out your outfit, Alysha! He sure made it easy for you - and your dress looks perfect!

I was thinking of doing something similar to you, Monana - one dress outfit and one jeans outfit. We are bringing our dog with us too Smiley smile

• Chasity
    VIP June 2015
    Chasity ·
    • Flag

We had two outfits. One to show off our love for superheroes.

• Dori L.
    VIP June 2015
    Dori L. ·
    • Flag

Thanks for sharing pics ladies! I'm booking our engagement photos for next month and need to find something cute.

• Sandra
    VIP July 2014
    Sandra ·
    • Flag

I did matching blues on top and I had white jeans and he wore khakis at a barn. Loooooved mine

• R
    Just Said Yes October 2014
    robin ·
    • Flag

I wore a pair of white Capri and a pink shirt. It complimented my FH wore which was a pair of jeans and a white shirt

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·
    • Flag

We went to a state park in WV. I wore a navy, black, and white dress and he wore a navy shirt with black tie and khakis to match.

• Megan
    Expert October 2014
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Caylin, the picture of you two on the swing is amazing!! Thank you all for sharing!

• Katie&Mike9515
    Dedicated September 2015
    Katie&Mike9515 ·
    • Flag

We went to a local park that also had a rose garden and a beach. I wore a black top and jeans and he wore a plaid shirt that was blue, black and white & jeans to match my outfit. Then we had another outfit. Mine was jeans with a pink, black and white shirt and his was jeans with a black polo. Not dressy but not jeans and tshirt thing.

• Kathleen
    Devoted March 2015
    Kathleen ·
    • Flag

That field is so pretty! We had two locations, one was in the Old Town part of the city so we chose to go more casual. We also took pictures in a field and went for a more romantic look. Smiley smile

• CallMeMrsCaldwell;)
    Expert March 2014
    CallMeMrsCaldwell;) ·
    • Flag

He hired a photographer for the actual proposal...so we used these...and a couple others.

• CallMeMrsCaldwell;)
    Expert March 2014
    CallMeMrsCaldwell;) ·
    • Flag

I didn't get to pick my outfit for the above photos lol.

Here are some we had taken in Cabo.

• Brownie
    Super October 2014
    Brownie ·
    • Flag

We did ours in a similar location to yours. I would suggest two outfits. One with colours so that it pops and the other- dark/bold strong, solid colours.

• Megan
    Expert October 2014
    Megan ·
    • Flag

MrsBtobe your location does look similar to ours! I actually have a dress that's really similar to the one you're wearing in the second picture... may just have to wear it Smiley smile

Thanks again, everyone! This definitely help!

• Brownie
    Super October 2014
    Brownie ·
    • Flag

Awesome and have fun! Cant wait to see some picsSmiley smile

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I don't have our photos yet, but we brought 3 outfit changes each:

-Dressy: I had a lemon colored dress with a denim jacket and a bright blue statement necklace. FH had black dress pants, white dress shirt and a black,, grey, white and lemon striped necktie

-Casual: FH had jeans with a black bowling shirt, I had black pants with a bright magenta shit and black and white statement necklace (also wore it jeans)

-Sassy: FH had a distressed grey polo with jeans; I wore jeans with a purple wraparound tank top with a white underneath and layered silver necklaces.

At one point FH had on a black tshirt and cargo shorts as well, which is how my "casual" outfit also got paired with jeans.

TIPS:

-Cute shoes! They will end up in some of the photos so makes sure they look nice too!

-Don't be afraid to suggest locations too (a couple times it rained and we ended up having drinks in the bar and took some photos there)

-Be yourself and wear things that you would normally wear...these are SUPPOSED to look like you!

-Have fun with it and don't be afraid to get goofy

-Bring water

-Bring some makeup/hairspray to refresh things, especially if its hot

-There is A LOT of walking around, if you wear shoes that hurt your feet, bring a pair of flip flops to slip on and off during the walking

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

Our outfits probably won't help you since we took ours in the fall, but hey, a chance to show off engagement photos!

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

We did a 20's, 30's theme. It was at my photographer's house. I wasn't so sure when she was telling my over the phone, but the location was beautiful and she had amazing props for us. I changed twice and put on a coat for a few.

I still want to do some in regular clothes. Guess we'll have a do another shoot soon Smiley smile

• Future Mrs.Whitaker
    VIP August 2014
    Future Mrs.Whitaker ·
    • Flag

We were inside...couldn't find an outside venue I liked.

Now for our wedding announcements....those are some awesome pics taken by a friend of FH's in uptown charlotte

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics