Katydid
VIP May 2014

Emily S., Did I miss your BAM post?

Katydid, on June 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 75

I am just curious - Emily S, where is your BAM? I'd love to see your photos and hear about your experience!

I am just curious - Emily S, where is your BAM? I'd love to see your photos and hear about your experience!

75 Comments

• K
    Master May 2014
    KT ·
    • Flag

I just like to see BAM posts. I could care less where you got married or what your BM's wore, I just like to share in the joy of getting married and see pics!

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

@Melissa - that's a shame, and I'm not being sarcastic. Traditional etiquette is important to her and she shares her opinions, it sucks that she thinks people just want to see her wedding for that reason. I just love her avatar and if her wedding style was anything like that I would have loved to see how it came out!

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

This is hilarious. And you all wonder why I would choose not to post one!? So I can set myself up for you vultures to attack?? LOL.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

Emily, you're going to crap one way or the other, so I don't blame you. HAHA.

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Jules - thank you, my wedding flowers were just like the avatar. I had an ombré theme with floral elements in graduating shades of pink from light blush to deep fuschia.

Peonies, garden roses, cabbage roses, mokara orchids, phalenaopsis orchids and hydrangea were the main flowers. With accents of gold - lanterns, gold mercury votives, latte linens, and gold chivari chairs.

High and low centrepieces. The low centerpieces were a flush display of ombré roses in square vases. French macaroon favors in graduating shades of pink. Raspberry napkins. The head table was a King's tables with crystal candlesticks and a floralscape of bunches of fluffy flowers down the middle of the table.

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Rustic - exactly.

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

I will use my powers of imagination! Smiley smile Seriously it sounds lovely!

• Suzi
    Master June 2014
    Suzi ·
    • Flag

I'm just gonna throw this out there and IDGAF who I piss off. I don't blame Emily for not posting a BAM because people are assholes! Get a thicker skin, she doesn't sugarcoat she gives her opinion. Do I agree with everything she says? NO, but that doesn't mean to talk shit about someone on a thread where someone actually wants to see how her wedding turned out!

ETA: Emily that sounds beautiful!!

• Heather A
    Master September 2014
    Heather A ·
    • Flag

Emily S is actually one of my favorite posters on this board and I almost always agree with everything she says.

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

^ thank you!

• SandM
    VIP August 2014
    SandM ·
    • Flag

Agree with Heather! Emily, I don't always agree with your delivery of your advice but I 99% of the time agree with it. You don't have to post a pic of you but I am DYING to see your decorations, they sound beautiful!!

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·
    • Flag

I'm posting this here, but I'm not sure if it really fits. But I feel like most of the BAM posts I see, nobody has the nerve to actually post something rude, they are usually very nice and sweet. I was actually surprised by some of the comments I got, they were really nice. I've never actually seen someone say something offensive in them.

So, I think Emily not doing one is totally up to her, but I would hope we wouldn't be so rude to dog her (or anyone for that matter) out in a BAM post.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

@Piecesofadream, you'd get a lot of this if she did post a BAM:

• K
    Master May 2014
    KT ·
    • Flag

Wow! That sounds beautiful Emily!

I also don't think anyone would say anything rude. If they did that would just be terrible!

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

^^ LOL. You can all go talk behind by back in the "secret" thread, just like usual.

ETA - that was for rustic bride's meme.

Also, I don't have pro photos back yet but will post some decor shots when I do.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

I wish you could see who liked your comments. I want to know who finds me hilarious.

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·
    • Flag

Is there a secret thread I don't know about???

I have 5 stars, I want in!

• T.
    Master November 2013
    T. ·
    • Flag

Not that she needs anyone's praise here, but I appreciate Emily's comments as well. I don't think she's rude, I think she's straight forward. I've never seen her curse at anyone or call anyone names. She doesn't seem to be judgmental, just to the point, and I like that.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

@Pieces, I requested you not long ago. Hit accept and I'll send the link. You just have to keep that thread on your watchlist.

• L
    VIP September 2014
    LSC_sf ·
    • Flag

Haha that's me rustic!! I cracked up at your plump comment and that she's creeping on this thread Smiley winking.

Emily your decor sounds beautiful and I'd love to see photos of it eventually!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics