Kara
Expert May 2019

Earrings for wedding

Kara, on May 17, 2018 at 8:34 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save
So I am a bride who has gauges. They are small. Size 2. Need advice on a couple things. Do you think just wearing a pretty plug or something dangly would look better? I’ve been looking at bridal gauges and saw those two ideas. And my dress is a light gold/champagne color so should I wear silver/white gold or a rose/champagne gold color for the earring I choose? I’ve attachrd a couple pictures of my dress to help.

Earrings for wedding 1

Earrings for wedding 2

15 Comments

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

I would go with the rose/champagne plugs. They will look more "you" than dangly ones if you usually have gauges. My mom thinks I'm crazy for wanting to keep my 9 holes in my ears all filled for the wedding but I wouldn't look like me if I took most of them out

• T
    Super December 2018
    T P ·
    • Flag
    I'm certain that pretty plugs would be lovely, especially if that is how you generally showcase your style. You want to be the best version of yourself you can possibly be on your wedding day, but you still want to reflect and celebrate who you are with your partner. Best of luck!
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag

Earrings for wedding 3

Thank you both for your input. Here are ideas I have found.

Rose Gold Iridescent Sparkle Tunnel PlugsEarrings for wedding 4Rhodium Crystal Rose Gold Wedding Gauges Plugs Earrings for wedding 5Diamond PlugsEarrings for wedding 6Rose Gold Plugs, Real Flower Pastel Wildflower Ear tunnelsEarrings for wedding 7Rose Gold Dangly GaugesEarrings for wedding 8Rose Gold Crystal Dangly GaugesEarrings for wedding 9 Rose Dangle Plugs Earrings for wedding 10

• Tessa
    Savvy May 2019
    Tessa ·
    • Flag
    Those are very pretty.

I was going to ask if your hair was going to be down or up? I,am thinking to have my hair partially up only so I can have my choice earrings shown off. I have found earrings I am completely in love with and can't immagine going without them on the big day. I hope whatever jewelry you choose, you can feel the same.
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's either going to be all down or half down half up.

• Kaylyn
    Super May 2019
    Kaylyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have a 5/8ths gauge and I’m going to wear something dangley like the second to last picture, mostly because it’s the only jewelry I’ll be wearing. I think the first pair you shared would look really pretty with your dress
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah I really love the first one with my dress. I'm just stuck between that and a dangly one. I used to always wear dangly earrings before I gauged my ears. Maybe I'll buy both and see which I like best lol

• Heather
    VIP January 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    I really like the first pair with your dress.
  • Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Personally, I love the first and third options best!

• Amanda
    Master October 2018
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I read threw the comments .. and i wanted to add since your wearing your hair down you may want to consider something dangles .. i only wear studs normally dangly is not a thing i do typically .. but with my hair down dangly showed more .... honestly if your not sure still and they arent $$$ id buy a few .. i have 4 pairs of earrings i bought for my wedding lol
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a good idea and I probably will buy a few and see what’s looks best with my hair down and my dress.
  • C
    Dedicated March 2019
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

I also have plugs, I'm at an inch roughly and I was going to order some wooden ones off Omerica Organics.

• RH912
    Devoted July 2018
    RH912 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your dress is beautiful. The first plugs you posted look cute.
  • Xiomara
    Beginner May 2018
    Xiomara ·
    • Flag
    I am also size 2 and I decided on clip on earrings they will work perfect for me maybe it could be an option for you.
  • Tessa
    Savvy May 2019
    Tessa ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh I just looked at this again from a computer, instead of my cell app, and I had no idea they made dangle plugs or the very last one! If I were in your shoes I might not be able to pick. I agree with buying a several if within budget, if anything you get more options to wear for an anniversary, special occasion, date with the hubby, or just because.

Comment on this discussion