Brandy
Dedicated July 2019

Driving myself crazy

Brandy, on December 31, 2018 at 10:56 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 48
Saved Save

I bought my dress and instantly regretted it. No cancellation no return. Im stuck!Its a beautiful dress and flatters my shape but im afraid it's to plain, and boring and doesnt fit my summery wedding. Up until this I have loved thebwedding planning pricess but this, this is sending me over the edge. Im obessing over it and driving myself crazy. If i buy another dress thats money from something else needed. And what do i do with the other one? Its like I literally threw my money away. Im on the ledge!! I'm loosing it!!

48 Comments

• Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria
    First of all, there's no such thing as a too-plain wedding dress. 馃槉 I'm sure you look amazing in it and accessories would really dress it up.

But, I totally understand dress regret. I had it and did nothing about it and wish I would have. I'd go try it on again to make sure you're not just overreacting, then if you still feel it's not for you, sell it and buy a new one. You'll likely lose some money, but you'll be happier.
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy
    Im pretty sure i'll have to buy a new one, but now i'm afraid. Im traumatized!!!lol sooo much money 馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding

Pictures?

Maybe take a step back and remember why you picked that dress.

• Arkilia
    Super October 2020
    Arkilia
    The dress does not make you, you make the dress. You will look beautiful in whatever dress you decide to where.
    I still haven't purchased a dress for that same reason, so I understand.
    Have you looked at those websites where you can sell your dress?

https://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/

https://www.nearlynewlywed.com/

https://www.stillwhite.com/

Hope this helps
  • Arkilia
    Super October 2020
    Arkilia
    Wear,,,, not where馃檪
  • Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan
    I went trough the same fears, but once it came in for my fittings and I saw it with my accessories I loved it! I love the simplicity, and I let me show off my grandmother鈥檚 big rhinestone jewelry. A simple dress lets bride shine.
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy
    View Quoted Comment
    I honestly do not know why i picked it other than the way it showed my shape. Its a beautiful elegant dress. Im afraid the lines are to hard and not soft and romantic. That it is more formal than the rest of the wedding. That it just wont look like me

Driving myself crazy 1

Driving myself crazy 2

Driving myself crazy 3
  • Stephanie
    Expert September 2019
    Stephanie

I think the dress is gorgeous! You could try a sparkly belt to add some bling or just dress it up with your jewelry.

As it is now, I don鈥檛 think it looks too plain. It is very sophisticated and elegant.

• Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan
    That dress is STUNNING. Get I beautiful statement necklace or earrings and rock it. Who cares if it鈥檚 more formal, you look BOMB in that gown.
  • A
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Ashanti
    OMG I'm in this exact situation, this literally happened to me when I bought my dress this past Saturday. First of all, no such thing as a plain dress because you can easily accessorize it with a beautiful belt and it'll look different with your jewelery on. Your dress is beautiful!! You need to trust your instinct on what made you originally said yes to the dress. Obviously it made you feel a certain way when you had it on, we've just forgotten that feeling. I'm also looking into cheaper options for a second dress that I can change into later in my reception and have found a lot of beautiful options for less than $200. I've also asked my cousin, a costume designer, to see if she can buy some quality fabric and design a second dress for me to save some money there. All of the above have made me stop obsessing over this purchase, give it a try!
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Stephanie, i was looking at jewlery as an option too.
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra
    I think the dress looks beautiful on you!! But I also understand dress regret - I had it myself almost instantly after purchasing up until I tried on my actual dress for the first time last week. When I saw it on again, I was absolutely in love and remembered why I chose it in the first place. Sleep on it, and maybe go see if you can try it on again
  • S
    Dedicated January 2019
    Sandy

The dress is beautiful, esp the 2nd and 3rd you look STUNNING! (different veil on the 1st pic, right?) The dress compliment the long veil and if there are too much details on the back, I think it will take away the charm of the veil. For the front, maybe add some blink such as a belt, or rhinestone along the sweetheart?

• Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy
    View Quoted Comment
    Sandy thank you, I did purchase the long veil in the pics. The only detail are buttons down the entire back of the dress. I thought the veil would add something to the dress
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD

I'm going to echo everyone else - THAT DRESS IS AMAZING AND YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL.

You can accessorize the ... out of that dress and make it how you want it. I think it can work for any season or type of wedding. But if you're worried it's too formal, I would dress it down with a less formal or no veil. etc etc.

For what it's worth, I have had a similar experience - wedding planning has been easy. But I had some dress regret b/c my mom in her own way said that my dress made me look fat and I should return it. When I tried it on and bought it I loved it. However, after that comment I would look at photos and focus on my tummy. I've also worried that it was the wrong color. Different situation, but I worked through my (moms) self esteem issue and still love the dress. We each choose our dress for a reason, and some level of dress regret is normal.

If you are certain you don't want it, I agree with Mrs2Be that you could sell your dress on preownedweddingdresses.com, stillwhite.com or even poshmark.

Best of luck!

• Jessica
    Dedicated August 2019
    Jessica
    This is currently my situation too! Don鈥檛 worry everything will get worked out, my suggestion is to list your dress for sale somewhere to see if maybe someone wants to buy it. That way if you can sell it it won鈥檛 be a total loss. It鈥檚 worth it for you to be happy on your wedding day so don鈥檛 settle for something if you鈥檙e not totally happy!! Good luck!
  • ChefKait
    Devoted December 2019
    ChefKait

Aw Brandy you look gorgeous in that dress girl! I wish I could just pull the plug on one- I've tried on too many and I am way overwhelmed. That dress flatters your shape so well and like others have said- customize it with jewelry! Get yourself a tiara or hairpiece. If you're worried about the formality of it have your hairdresser do some fun, loose curls or a wind-swept updo to dress it down a bit with some flowers or a fun floral hairpiece.

You loved it for a reason- try to remember that and start looking at ways to make yourself love it even more!

• Brittany
    Super October 2019
    Brittany

Brandy, you look beautiful in the dress!!!!

• FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD

Also, check out this wedding:

https://bridalmusings.com/2017/03/rose-noire-glamorous-gorgeous-romantic-wedding-inspiration/?crlt.pid=camp.wlCmh6B7U1mn

One of the brides has a similar dress with the pampas grass you have posted about before

Here's another one: https://www.stylemepretty.com/vault/image/1354174

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha
    SHOW US THE DRESS!

Comment on this discussion