Alyssa
Beginner April 2023

Dresses

Alyssa, on February 15, 2019 at 12:01 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved Save
So guys, my wife and I have decided to do an outfit change between reception and ceremony, only issue is... I haven't decided on a single dress or bridesmaid dresses. I need ideas, I'm thinking about a black and gold one and a rose gold one but I'm not sure.

6 Comments

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Do you have your wedding dresses already? I would start with those & BM dresses before moving to reception attire. Do you have the venue, colors & a style already for the overall wedding? Tell us more, or share some inspiration pics.
  • Alyssa
    Beginner April 2023
    Alyssa ·
    View Quoted Comment
    So our theme is retro Hollywood sort of mixed with cholo style our colors are Black, gold & white for the ceremony then reception is Rose gold, white and yellow gold, I have 0 dresses picked out for me or my bridesmaids, we haven't decided on a venue yet we are trying to find LGBT friendly venues in Texas. Also for bridesmaids since they are all plus size girls I need to find dresses that are comfortable for them to stay in for a few hours.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·

Hey Alyssa! I love the color schemes, so beautiful! I think a rose gold dress would be so pretty for the reception! I found an inspiration photo, I'll attach it below!

Dresses 1

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Love your color schemes, too. I'm wearing a rose gold gown for our reception. I LOVE this dress Kelly found. Rose gold compliments so many complexions. I do agree with Priate and 60's Bride. I think you should choose your wedding dresses before choosing reception dresses.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wow. That'll be sexy and classy. I like the "slight" color palette change from wedding to reception. Maybe before choosing your BM colors, figure out what you & your FW will wear. If you both wear white, it could be stunning to have your BMs in black with gold accessories. Or a mix of gold and rose gold dresses.

• Alyssa
    Beginner April 2023
    Alyssa ·
    Thank you guys. It helps alot

Comment on this discussion