We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

randi
Super September 2011

DRESSES!!! click click, i need opinions and boobie help!!

randi, on January 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

Http://www.lightinthebox.com/Sheath--Column-One-Shoulder-Floor-Length-Chiffon-Over-Elastic-Satin-Bridesmaid--Wedding-Party-Dress-FSL0864-_p119009.html

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Adrienne-Frantz-A-line-V-neck-Floor-length-Taffeta-Emmy--Evening-Dress--FSD0359-_p67979.html

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Fergie-Empire-Strapless-Sweep--Brush-Train-Sleeveless-Chiffon--Elastic-satin-Golden-Globe--Evening-Dress--FSH0549-_p87291.html

Kladies, these dresses, in Ivory or White as my dress for when we elope. We are eloping on the beach in Key West, FL.. The last one, I dont know how I would pull it off. I have 36D's. They are like jumbo jets and I dont think I look very good in anything without straps but I really like this dress-- I know they say the bra is everything, but seriously-- I need more than that, I need proof!! Any ladies out there with jumbo jets on your chest, did you wear a strapless dress?? If so, any pictures of you in the dress?? All of these dresses are online- no tryin on Smiley sad

18 Comments

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

You know, they can always add on spaghetti straps to your dress. If the dress is too long the seamstress can take some of the material cut off the bottom and make you straps. If you go to my page you can look at my inspiration board to see how my dress fit me. It had a similar top as your 3rd dress, but mine came with spaghetti straps. (34DD) so equivalent to you.

• Melissa
    Dedicated April 2012
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I feel your pain LOL. I am a 38DDD and could probably go to an F but I REFUSE to increase my cup size again!! I attached a link to the dress I purchased. I was able to get a strapless, but found that the plus sizes fit much much better than regular sizes due to my chest size. I normally wear a 10 or 12 in pants, so it's just the chest that causes me to shop at plus size shops. I don't have a photo of me in the dress to send, but I found that wearing the dress without a bra worked out much better for me. My dress is a 16W and I really don't need any alterations to it right now. The top actually has sort of a built in bra so it holds me in great. I did try it on with a bra at the store and I found it pushed me up and out of the top of the dress a bit, just added some rolls over the top that didn't need to be there.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-line-with-Asymmetrical-Skirt-9T8076_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

• Melissa
    Dedicated April 2012
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Also, your dresses are all very pretty but I really like the 3rd. I agree with Hayley...straps can always be added. I would just worry that the top would not fit tight enough and you don't want to worry about it falling or slipping. Good luck!!!

• Mrs Gonzales
    VIP September 2011
    Mrs Gonzales ·
    • Flag

I love number 3, I am a 46G, and have worn strapless, i do find that it works better without a bra if you can. You can always see if a seamstress can add a built in for you.

• Mrs. Lesenski
    VIP September 2010
    Mrs. Lesenski ·
    • Flag

Definetly number three... don't do a sweetheart neckline, stick with an empire or "straight" neckline.

• Ole McDonald Had A Beach
    VIP July 2012
    Ole McDonald Had A Beach ·
    • Flag

I love the 1st one... you can donate some of those jets to the unfortunate like me Smiley smile hahaha

• Mrs. Smith
    VIP May 2011
    Mrs. Smith ·
    • Flag

I love the third one...

• C
    Super May 2013
    Crystal ·
    • Flag

I super love #3.

• Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-)
    Master October 2010
    Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-) ·
    • Flag

I love number 3. I think your best bet would be to have cups sewn into the dress. That is what I had done with my dress. I never once pulled at my dress all day. It stayed in place and I was a dancing machine.

• Amy E.
    Super November 2011
    Amy E. ·
    • Flag

I like #1 and it might help the girls

• J
    Dedicated July 2011
    Jodi ·
    • Flag

I like #3 the best and you can always have straps made.

• randi
    Super September 2011
    randi ·
    • Flag

Thanks Ladies, Im about to have another round added here-- give me just a few minutes!

• randi
    Super September 2011
    randi ·
    • Flag

Http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line---Princes-Sweetheart-Court-Train-Lace-Over-Satin-Wedding-Dress--WGY0049-_p47930.html

http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line-Strapless-Court-Train-Taffeta-Side-draped-Wedding-Dress--WSM04149-_p142456.html

http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line-Sweetheart-Court-Train-Taffeta-Satin-Side-draped-Wedding-Dress_p141419.html

• Mrs Gonzales
    VIP September 2011
    Mrs Gonzales ·
    • Flag

I still like n umber 3 from the original post

• Kelli
    Expert June 2012
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

I agree - the third one from the first post. Seems like it would fit well with a beach wedding and a couple of the pictures even showed it with straps, so I'm sure you could figure something out.

• beachbum2004
    Super June 2015
    beachbum2004 ·
    • Flag

Love it

• randi
    Super September 2011
    randi ·
    • Flag

I LOVE that one as well Smiley smile It just scared me about my boobs.. I dont want them to be flip flopping out-- but I like what Jaemi C had done-- having a bra/cups sewen into the dress!! I think on Friday I am going to order the dress in white and see how it looks Smiley smile Im SUPER pumped!!!!!! I just need to find a good seamstress!! Thanks Ladies!

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

I don't think you have much to worry about unless it's a deep sweetheart bodice. I'm 34DD, and most if not all the strapless I have tried on look great. Some have boning and I've found that those can even make the chest look smaller. I would invest in a good strapless bra (long line) or cups sewn into the dress.

Here are two dreses to show you that you might be able to get away from using straps.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles