Denise
Super September 2019

Dress Shopping

Denise, on March 3, 2019 at 1:48 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved Save

So, I posted a few days ago asking for advice for my first experience dress shopping. I also read a lot about what to do and what to go in expecting. So I pulled a few Pics from online that I like, and am kind of piecing things together to try to find what I do and don't like. My question is what do I take with me. Inspiration wise. Do I just take printed pictures, do I kind of create a board, what's easiest. I don't want to just rely on my phone because I'm seriously bad about my battery and finding where I put anything on the darn thing. (Did I save it to pictures? Did I leave it saved in Pinterest? Which board would I put it in? What subcategory do I have it in).

TL;DR - Do I take these inspiration pictures, just printed one on each page/back to back or do I create like a collage or something?

Dress Shopping 1

Dress Shopping 2

Dress Shopping 3 Dress Shopping 4

Dress Shopping 5

5 Comments

• Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I showed the sales lady pictures of the dresses I liked
  • Tina
    March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag

I would create a pinterest page with your dress inspo and then at the dress shop bring it up on your phone and go through what you like and what from those dresses you pinned you liked about them. Sweetheart neckline, crystals/beading, ball gown etc.

• Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    My salon had me email pics of what I was interested in along with my budget. I only went to one salon, by choice. Otherwise, what others have said about the Pinterst board is perfect and easily found. Share it with someone if you are afraid your phone will die. You will have so much fun, but trying on wedding gowns is tiring!! Smiley shame
  • Susan
    Dedicated November 2019
    Susan ·
    • Flag
    I saved them in pinterest and also sent them to the bridesmaid going with me just in case..
  • Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    If you’re worried about losing your battery life or forgetting where every pic you love is, I’d say get them printed at Walgreens or Walmart for cheap OR make a collage of them all and get it printed.
    i just kept mine on a Pinterest board, if you do go that way of storing them on your phone- perhaps start with the photos of dresses you really like, and once you get quite a few go over them again and save the ones you absolutely love into a new Pinterest board or album in your phone .
    When I went to David’s bridal I looked at all the dresses they had and took pics of them while the stylist got our room ready, and she helped me. When I went to a local boutique I just went thru the dresses and picked out every one I wanted to try on :-)

Comment on this discussion