We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jass
Master September 2012

Dress shopping adventure

Jass, on January 24, 2011 at 10:28 AM Posted in Planning 0 32
Saved Save

So I went to Alfred Angelo with my BM this weekend. And I tried on 3 dresses, mermaid style, and two empire dresses which are the styles I have not tried on before. I meant to try on two ball gowns too but they didn't have one in the store, and the other one someone else was trying it on at the time. So out of the 3 I tried on, I really liked the mermaid style, and one of the empire dresses. Here are the pictures of the two I liked. Which ones do you like ladies? I'm more confused now than I was before. I really like 3 other dresses at DB (3 ball gowns). Lord, will I ever settle on one dress?! LOL Good thing I have time. Smiley smile

Oh and if I went with mermaid style, I wold probably make it into a semi sweetheart neckline so it's not straight aross.

32 Comments

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

Second dress. Very flattering. Smiley smile

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

More pics.

• K
    Master April 2012
    Kimi k. ·
    • Flag

I LOVE both, but I love the 2nd one more! I love the contrast of the color...and the empire waist is always so flattering!

• Kirsty
    VIP December 2010
    Kirsty ·
    • Flag

You look happier and way more comfortable in the second one, I love it, very very flattering, you're standing taller and prouder, and if posting 6 pics of one and 3 of the other does suggest your prefer it I dont know what does Smiley winking

• Cindy
    Expert July 2011
    Cindy ·
    • Flag

Love the 2nd dress!! Looks awesome on you!

• Heather
    VIP October 2011
    Heather ·
    • Flag

The second one flatters your shape more. That's my vote. I'm not a huge fan of color on wedding dresses, but I agree you look a lot more comfy and confident in that one. Smiley smile

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

I vote for number 2 as well. It is way more figure flattering. Although, I would make it a sweatheart cut on the kneckline.

Good luck!

• Mrs. Needam
    Super May 2012
    Mrs. Needam ·
    • Flag

I love dress #2

• Victoria C. Hernandez
    Master July 2011
    Victoria C. Hernandez ·
    • Flag

The second one looks great on you.... I've never been a fan of the mermaid it seems like it would be hard to move around all day , not very comfortable if you ask me but they both look great on you so I can see why you are having a hard time deciding.

• A
    Devoted February 2011
    ashley ·
    • Flag

I vote for number 2!

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

@Heather- Yeah I hear you on the color, I wouldn't mind having little bit of color, but the sales lady told me I could also pick the color of the dress (ivory) so it would all be one color dress if I wanted. But I don't know if that would change the look of the dress. If that's the dress, I was thinking about pastel pink/blue/purple but need to figure out wedding colors first.

I also love the corset back on that dress. And that dress was actually smaller size than the ones I have tried on before, and it fit much better. Go figure. Now I wasn't wearing any slip under that dress, and the lady said I could wear a little slip but she noticed that the dress was not going in between my legs so I probably wouldn't need it.

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

And after I left the place, I called FS and told him all giddy "I think I found the dress!" lol

I plan on going back with my mom and my other BM in May and will most likely buy the dress then. I wish I didn't like the ball gowns I have tried on before at DB, because it would make this decision so much easier. I realize empire is more flattering on me than a ball gown, so this might be the dress ladies!!!!!!!! So glad you all agree! Smiley smile

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

*bump*

• Sharon
    Master June 2010
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

I LOVE number 2, that is a beauitiful and looks gorgeous on you! I dont' remember seeing pics of you in the ballgowns? I have been crazy at work.

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

Hey Sharon, here are the 3 ballgowns I also looove. Kill me now. lol

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

And more detail on the last one. I'm a sucker for sparkle. lol

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

They are all beautiful! I will tell you that my step-daughter bought the mermaid style dress you have on in picture 1, she loved it but did have trouble sitting in it! She had a traditional catholic wedding and they had to sit, kneel, stand, sit, kneel, sit alot and the groom had to help her with her chair when she sat down because the dress was a little constricting when she tried to sit. Just food for thought! Make sure you can sit in whichever dress you choose!

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

Very good point Konichiwa! I didn't think of that when I tried it on. Thanks for that tip! I definitely want to be able to sit down and be comfortable, and dance a lot. Smiley smile

• Sharon
    Master June 2010
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

Love number 2 ballgown on you! I'm no help eh? lol

• Justine
    Master August 2011
    Justine ·
    • Flag

I like #2 a lot better than #1. But number #2 of the DB dresses is still my favorite on you!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles