Jessica
Savvy June 2017

Dress regret

Jessica, on April 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 20
Saved Save

Has anyone ever experienced dress regret after purchasing "the one"? I had two dresses that I was down to, loved them both. I made the decision to say yes to one. Ever since I've been home, I've been double guessing myself and wondering if I made right decision. It's really stressing me out... I keep obsessing over looking at the photos. I hope this feeling goes away... :/

20 Comments

• FallforLindahl
    VIP June 2017
    FallforLindahl ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry you are going through that. Why did you say yes? Did you get a feeling when you tried it on that it was the one?

• Jessica
    Savvy June 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Thank you. I did really love it on. Even went back the next day after sleeping on it. They didn't let me take pictures of it on before saying yes. After I had said yes, I went back and looked at photos and I just felt like I liked it more in person.... Probably over analyzing the situation.

• Crazyinlove<3
    Super September 2016
    Crazyinlove<3 ·
    • Flag

I felt that a little bit in the beginning because I always second guess myself. I think we are more critical of the dress we chose other than the ones we said no to. I caught myself trying to convince myself the other ones looked better after I chose. Once I looked closer, the other dresses had details that I didn't like. The dress I chose was the only one I got emotional in and the one I liked best. It is most me and absolutely stunning. Out of all of them it looks best on me and will fit with our theme and venue. Don't beat yourself up...there are so many nice dresses out there and many that look good on. I'm sure you chose the right dress....the one that is most you. Go with how you felt in the dress and not necessarily the pictures. I think sometimes we get confused because there are so many options. Do you have a picture?

• Glam0rous
    VIP June 2016
    Glam0rous ·
    • Flag

I regret mine from time to time. Then I just remind myself that there was a reason I fell in love with it in the first place. It really is gorgeous and I have to stop doubting myself. YOU will make that dress look amazing, the dress doesn't make you look amazing Smiley winking Smiley winking

• Cupcake
    Super July 2016
    Cupcake ·
    • Flag

I went through that a little bit right after I bought mine because there was another dress that everyone LOVED on me, and while it did look good, it just wasn't what I wanted. But you know, doubt creeps in and I thought, "Should I have been more open to that dress? It did look good on me." I saw it again at the store when I went to look at FG dresses and the knew that I had made the right decision. It just wasn't me. I was so excited when I saw my dress when it came in! I forgot how much I loved it while I was busy worrying!

• Jessica
    Savvy June 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Thank you girls. You are all making me feel so much better. Here's a few pictures. I love it, just a little self conscious about the way the photo makes my mid section look, whereas didn't feel that way at all when looking in mirror before photos.

• Jessica
    Savvy June 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Here's the back

• Elizabeth
    Master December 2016
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

@Jessica that looks beautiful on you!

• Alicia
    VIP July 2016
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

You look beautiful! I love the beading on that. You have time to fall back in love. I wasn't in love with mine, then tried searching others in the same dress. That helped for me personally, everyone is different thought.

• AMW
    Master September 2016
    AMW ·
    • Flag

Photos SUCK. My dress looks yellow in my photos (it is not even close to yellow). It was a sample, so not fitted to me, and I didn't have a slip on. Don't obsess over photos, try to remember which dress you FELT best in. You chose it for a reason! (plus stop looking because the grass is always greener).

• FutureMrsW
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsW ·
    • Flag

I feel that way sometimes! I tried on A TON of dresses, the one I got I wasn't sure about at the beginning. I tried it on while out of town shopping so we came back and made an appt at the store here, I went shopping again with FMIL, her sister and their aunt's girlfriend. I tried on probably 7 or so dresses and loved the last 3 and was seriously conflicted. I tried the original back on at the very end and I just started crying! Everyone else started crying and that was "the one"! I kind of feel like one of the others actually looked better, but the dress I got had everything I wanted. Photos I see online suck, so I try to just remember how I felt! I hope you feel the magic next time you try it on. Smiley smile

• Lbee59
    Super June 2016
    Lbee59 ·
    • Flag

I'd say neither of them were your dress if you couldn't decide

• PaleoPrincess
    Expert July 2016
    PaleoPrincess ·
    • Flag

Beautiful!

Wedding dress selection isn't pre-ordained by a higher power, there is no magical "one". There are, however, dresses that will look wonderful on you! That beadwork is phenomenal.

• Shania
    Expert August 2016
    Shania ·
    • Flag

I dealt with the same thing! I had the feeling that everyone talks about when I chose my dress then when I looked at pictures and thought about it, I didn't feel that way anymore. Now that it is in my house and I look at it and try it on I LOVE it again. I relive that feeling so I know it's the one Smiley smile

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

It's very pretty and looks fantastic on you

• F
    Expert October 2016
    FutureMrsLopez ·
    • Flag

Beautiful dress and it looks great on you! I sometimes have dress regret when I see all the other beautiful dresses on WW but I try to remember that there was something about my dress that made me feel like it was the one.

• Mrs.Hawks
    Master October 2016
    Mrs.Hawks ·
    • Flag

You look gorgeous in that dress. I had major dress regret for about a week or so. I just kept looking at my dress and telling myself why I said yes to it. FH hasn't seen it and won't but he reminded me of when I came home crying and devastated because I thought I couldn't get it. He reminded me how excited I was to order it. You picked it for a reason. Keep reminding yourself of that.

• Crazyinlove<3
    Super September 2016
    Crazyinlove<3 ·
    • Flag

That is gorgeous! And it looks really good on you---great for your body type. I wish my dress picture looked that good! The dress I tried on was a size 18 and I am a 10-12 so it is very difficult to imagine what it will look like fitted. It looks like you made a great decision! =)

• JennV
    Master October 2017
    JennV ·
    • Flag

You look amazing in the dress. Delete any pictures of the old dress! You made an excellent decision!

• Rachel DellaPorte
    January 2020
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

That's a stunning gown on a gorgeous bride. I can see why you loved it. Don't second guess it. It's a real winner.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics