D
Dedicated April 2017

Dress after altered

Deanna, on April 11, 2017 at 11:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 55
Saved Save

Here is my dress after alterations. I feel like it does not flatter my body. Wedding in 10 days, should I add something to it. Or do you think after hair and makeup it will come together. I'm also wearing pearls with it.

55 Comments

• Ohheyitscait
    Super September 2017
    Ohheyitscait ·
    • Flag

Why don't you think it flatters your body?! I think it's perfect!!! I think you'll also feel better after hair and makeup! Smiley smile

• Ohheyitscait
    Super September 2017
    Ohheyitscait ·
    • Flag

Fucking double post.

• Sarah
    Master April 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Can you tie the corset tighter? Just in the waist area.

• D
    Dedicated April 2017
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

Horrible picture sorry

• Audrey
    VIP June 2016
    Audrey ·
    • Flag

If you feel it doesn't flatter you, what do you think is missing...or needs to be altered?

Pretty dress...btw.

• Mandypants
    Super May 2017
    Mandypants ·
    • Flag

It's really beautiful on you! Where do you feel something is missing? I think you look great the way it is, but if you want a little something, why not a belt?

• Helena Handbasket
    Master February 2016
    Helena Handbasket ·
    • Flag

If you don't think it gives you enough of a figure, which in my opinion you look awesome, try adding a belt. Not only would a belt highlight your tiny waist but it would bling up the dress.

I love bling so probably biased

• D
    Dedicated April 2017
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

I've had 5 kids and my boobs I feel like are not right in the dress. They sag I've tried about 5 different kinds of bras. Wish I did not do strapless dress

• Bemyguest
    Master April 2017
    Bemyguest ·
    • Flag

Your boobs look great! There's absolutely no sagging from what I can see!

You are your harshest critic, so relax and understand you look great! It may be hard to see but once it's all pulled together you'll look amazing! (Not that you don't already!)

• KDoubleU
    VIP October 2017
    KDoubleU ·
    • Flag

Would that happen to be a DB Jewel dress? If so, I have the same one so I obviously think you made a great choice Smiley winking

Do you think adding a belt will help? I think you look great!

• DesertFox
    Super March 2018
    DesertFox ·
    • Flag

I think it looks fantastic! Shows off curves and a little volume at the bottom. Gorgeous on you girl!

• Sweetmosey
    Expert May 2017
    Sweetmosey ·
    • Flag

It's a beautiful dress. If you want a little something extra, try a belt? You'll be beautiful regardless.

Maybe you can add straps and you'll feel better.

• D
    Dedicated April 2017
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

Kdouble it is. Do you have the belt with yours

• APZ
    VIP March 2017
    APZ ·
    • Flag

If you feel like you look saggy (which you don't at all---also 5 kids! you go!) is the waist and bodice tight enough? With strapless dresses, the waist and boning through the bodice is what holds the dress up--if its not tight enough, it cant do its job..

the dress appears to fit in pics, and I think you look great! However, you should feel comfortable in the dress on your wedding day!

ETA: now I see its a corset-tighten that sucker up through the waist a little more--also another trick my seamstress had me do--bend over and put your boobs into the cups of the dress then stand up holding them in place until your dress is secured on you---my girls looked great and way perkier than normal by doing this!

• Amanda
    Savvy February 2018
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I love that dress! Looks great on you!

• Ohheyitscait
    Super September 2017
    Ohheyitscait ·
    • Flag

Your boobs do not look saggy! Actually I am really jealous of them! The dress should hold you up, is the corset tight enough?

• D
    Dedicated April 2017
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

Maybe I am being to hard on my self. I will go look at belts this week. Thanks

• JDSquared
    VIP August 2017
    JDSquared ·
    • Flag

I think its beautiful!!

• Portlandia13
    Super April 2017
    Portlandia13 ·
    • Flag

Your boobs look great!! I never would have guessed you'd had 5 kids, your body looks great in that dress! If you want a little more waist definition, a belt is a great way to go. But you really don't need it, you look great.

• Tricia
    VIP October 2017
    Tricia ·
    • Flag

What is not flattering about that dress? You look amazing ! Smile! You are a beautiful bride in a beautiful dress that fits perfectly. Have a fabulous day!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics