Traci
Devoted August 2014

Dont want to walk to "HEAR COMES THE BRIDE"

Traci, on March 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 36
Saved Save

Since we are having a destination wedding and not real big on tradition, I want a song that I can walk down the aisle with that is not "Here comes the Bride" I listen to most genres of music. I dont really want a mushy lovey dovey song that will make me cry. But I dont want a "twerk" it song eitther LOL. I need help! The wedding is in Jamaica. So can if you all start spouting some out I would love it! Title and Artist if possible.

36 Comments

• M2H
    Master September 2013
    M2H ·
    • Flag

Look up music by Vitamin String Quartet. They basically do versions on a lot of songs. Like rock, pop, maybe even country. But they are soooo great. Go to their website and you can find all the album's they've done to see what artists you can choose from and preview them there or on YouTube.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

*Here

• Michele
    VIP August 2014
    Michele ·
    • Flag

Only girl in the world by Rihanna

My Girl

Just breathe - Pearl Jam

Can't Help Falling In love with you

• AngelaA
    VIP June 2014
    AngelaA ·
    • Flag

II'm walking down the beach to "Marry Me" by Train!

• TisFinallyHappy
    VIP September 2015
    TisFinallyHappy ·
    • Flag

You could have your DJ do a mashup of different songs... I'm going to walk down to the chorus of Best Day of my Life by American Authors

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·
    • Flag

I am walking down to marry me by Train

• Future Mrs. Pichon
    Super September 2014
    Future Mrs. Pichon ·
    • Flag

Is there a song you and FH like a lot that you can just find the instrumental version to?? If you want something with an island vibe I think of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. There is an instrumental with a Ukulele that I think sounds really pretty.

• Amy
    Super May 2014
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I am going to do Storybook Love (Princess Bride theme song). But if you're doing Jamaica what about Bob Marley's One Love?

• MrsSchultz
    Super October 2014
    MrsSchultz ·
    • Flag

I am going to do the piano version of "A Thousand Years"

• Private User
    Master March 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Ironically the song "Here Comes a Bride" is originally in a German play in which the song plays while a young virgin is pretty much dragged to her new husband's (whom she does not know) bedchamber to consummate their marriage. The marriage is an immediate failure and the play later ends with tragedy and the young girl's death. The composer, Wagner, found it quite hilarious when it began being used in weddings. In fact several Lutheran churches forbid it to be played.

Sorry to get all wiki facts on you, just had to share. Smiley smile

• Amber
    Expert August 2014
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Piano Version of a thousand years is beautiful!!

and are you SURE you dont want miley cyrus we cant stop? haha

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

So I have always hated this song. Thanks MrsS for the interesting facts!!!

I am walking down to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

What about Bob Marley's This is Love. Too cliche for Jamacia?

• LineWife
    Super June 2014
    LineWife ·
    • Flag

I picked "you can let go now daddy" to walk down the aisle to. Lmao, & my mom spazzed when we went over wedding plans on that one

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I will be walking down to "My Girl" by the Temptations. It will be a guitarist playing the song.

• Marisa-in-Love
    Master July 2014
    Marisa-in-Love ·
    • Flag

I'm walking into Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka

• KellyT
    Master August 2014
    KellyT ·
    • Flag

Look up The Piano Guys. They also do instrumental covers of popular songs. I'm walking into their version of the Bruno Mars song "Just the Way You Are."

• Emily
    Expert June 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

I chose "To a Wild Rose" by Edward McDowell. I wanted something classical but not the bridal march.

• Jemma
    VIP July 2014
    Jemma ·
    • Flag

I'm walking down to the Vitamin String Quartet's version of Just Like Heaven by The Cure.

• Lalgal
    Devoted January 2015
    Lalgal ·
    • Flag

I'm walking down to You and Me by life house.

• SoonToBeMrsD
    Super September 2014
    SoonToBeMrsD ·
    • Flag

MrsSchultz, I was originally planning to walk to the original version of a thousand years, and never knew about the piano version. I just listened to a piano and cello version and started tearing up and immediately decided it was the one. Thank you!

Comment on this discussion