Tia
Beginner October 2019

Doily chargers?

Tia, on May 11, 2019 at 9:07 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 6
Saved Save
Help! I am have a bbq buffet dinner at our reception. I am stressing so hard about finding place settings that won’t look too plain. I have a feeling I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and buy charger plates, but I am trying to explore cheaper options first. Since the plates are going to be at the buffet table, I was thinking about doing gold doilies as a mock charger to put the burgundy napkins and gold cutlery on at each place setting. Does this look cheap? Our wedding theme is going to be rustic romance with details of lace & burlap, and our colors are burgundy, blush, and gold. So I think it definitely goes with the theme, but I just don’t want it to look cheesy 🙃

Posted a picture of my centerpieces too just to give an idea of the whole guest tables look together. We will have white table cloths. Baby’s breath will go in the mason jars and pink roses in the milk bottles.

Also fishing for recommendations on the best places to find cost efficient charger plates if I decide to go down that route. thank you!!! 💕

Doily chargers? 1

Doily chargers? 2

6 Comments

• Masonbride
    Dedicated June 2019
    Masonbride ·
    • Flag
    I’m having the same theme! Also thinking of going with doilies, I found ones on amazon made from brown craft paper that’s probably what I’ll order
  • Grace
    Expert June 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    I think those doilies are cuter than chargers! We are just putting a wedding mad libs at each place setting and we are just going to go ahead and set everyone’s plate out so they can carry it up with them so that the place setting doesn’t look so plain
  • L
    Dedicated March 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    I am doing bbq too and I have this same idea! Doilies instead of chargers! We are getting 200 for like $20. Instead of $1 per charger! It’s super cute! Go for it!
  • Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    The doilies are absolutely adorable I love the idea! It’s very whimsical and romantic .
    We used wood slices as the centerpiece charger thing and did it free since we found the wood in a front yard and borrowed a chainsaw.
  • L
    Expert June 2019
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    I am having a similar wedding, I am doing gold chargers they were a $1 rental but I like your doilies...I hadn't seen those before but think they are really pretty and don't look cheap.
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Doilies are a much better option than chargers- they're heavy, bulky, and expensive! What about white ones to go with the lace?

Comment on this discussion