leticia
Dedicated October 2016

Does my mom/ FMiL dresses have to match?

leticia, on May 18, 2016 at 1:22 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 10
Saved Save

My wedding colors are gold, dusty rose and, touches of marsala. I was wondering if My mother's dress have to match the decor? and if my FMIL dress have to match the decor or if they have to match each other.

10 Comments

• JennV
    Master October 2017
    JennV ·

I wouldn't have them match the décor exactly, but maybe stay within the same color families (i.e. plums, violets, etc.) Its totally preference to you and them. My main color is going to be navy and the mothers will probably wear teals/greens or purples.

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·

Nope, they don't have to match. I would suggest they not wear the same colors as each other or as the bridesmaids though.

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·

No.

• Mrs. Mac
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Mac ·

Nopity nope!

• Kylie
    Expert September 2016
    Kylie ·

I would say no. My colors are purple and silver and they are wearing navy blue. I told them they could wear whatever they wanted to wear.

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·

No, they can wear whatever they like. My colors were black and red. My MIL wore a purple dress.

• Alexandra
    Expert July 2020
    Alexandra ·

I don't think they have to. I'm not planning on having my mother or FMIL match the bridal party

• leticia
    Dedicated October 2016
    leticia ·

Thank you ladies!!! Someone told me they had to, i just wanted to make sure.

• Lory
    Devoted June 2016
    Lory ·

My Mother and FMIL just picked complimentary colors...

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·

They do not have to match, but I think it looks better if they coordinate. Our colors were lilac and silver and both of our mothers wore deep purple.

Comment on this discussion