Lora
Super April 2014

DIY advice - ring warming

Lora, on March 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 11
Saved Save

So we're doing a ring warming but I'd like to do it before the ceremony and not as part of the ceremony.

So the inspiration I'm using is the pic attached, I want them to hang from something so that people can't accidentally walk off with our rings lol but so far I cannot think of what to hang them from! Anyone have any suggestions?

Our colours are black and white, we have a lot of chalkboards if that helps at all lol

11 Comments

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·

A shepherds hook? You can get one cheap from Joann's with a coupon.

• Mrs.ChanelNewNew
    VIP November 2014
    Mrs.ChanelNewNew ·

I've never heard of this! Cute idea!

• Sylvia
    Dedicated August 2014
    Sylvia ·

I initially want to do a ring warming too but my fiance doesn't like the fact that the rings will get all dirty with fingerprints...

Is there a lot of guests attending the ceremony? It can take long for everyone to hold the ring to wish upon it.

I would also find someone responsible (who can acts as an usher) to stand next to the rings (even though you have a string attached to it), just in case someone takes it "by accident". You don't want the stress of not having the rings when you are saying the vows and exchanging rings.

• Cricket Catering
    October 2019
    Cricket Catering ·

I would also have someone there to keep an eye on them. Make them a greeter of sorts. They can then wipe down the fingerprints of love and put them on the ring bearers pillow or give them to the best man, etc.

I do think it is a nice idea.

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·

We are doing a warming ceremony too, but it will just be from the parents. We opted out of a "unity ceremony" so to replace it we added a part for our parents to interact.

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

I haven't heard of this either but I really like the idea. Good luck making it happen

• Bennett=blessed
    VIP June 2014
    Bennett=blessed ·

If you're having an arbor or arch maybe there...it'll be in front of everyone.

Maybe encourage guests to arrive early for the ring warming?

• TisFinallyHappy
    VIP September 2015
    TisFinallyHappy ·

SB.. how are you doing with just from your parents? Will it be done during the ceremony or before?

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·

Yes during the ceremony, where other couple would normally have the sand ceremony or something like that. We are just going to have our parents come up for a quick second, warm the rings while our pastor says a quick something about what they're doing, and then a prayer then moving right into the vows and the exchanging of the rings.

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·

The photographer wants tons of pictures of people warming the rings so she's going to be standing there anyway. FH's sister is our "best man" so shell whip them down before hand.

We aren't having an arch or arbour so we can't hang them there... I'm going back out to hunt for something today lol. will report back!

• Aronna
    Master October 2014
    Aronna ·

It sounds like a nice idea, and I'm tempted myself, but aren't you afraid of someone taking your rings?

you may not know everyone there well enough to know if anyone has sticky fingers, and there's always the staff to worry about.

sorry if I'm a Debby downer, but I'd be a bit worried. can you have someone standing there looking out over them and to tell people what to do? that can be a job for someone you know that needs one

Comment on this discussion