Lafuturase帽ora
Devoted April 2019

Ditched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :*

Lafuturase帽ora, on February 10, 2019 at 11:04 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 6
Saved Save

Hi yall! I wanted to share my new revamped invitation suite I made from scratch in Microsoft Word (mac version)

I loooove the style and colors on the free template, but unfortunately I couldn't change the floral colors and I felt like it didn't match the BRIGHT pop I'm going for with our wedding. I recommend using cardsandpockets.com for free templates they have many and offer lots of invitation accessories and printing.

I bought the watercolor clipart off CpandoShop (link embedded) on etsy and with the help of google search-diving and free font websites, I managed to make this invitation suite, and I also made a welcome sign so far. I literally downloaded like 20 fonts trying to find the right ones. Lots of tutorials show how to make invitations on a portrait landscape with 2 side by side 5x7, but I needed to make an actual document thats compatible to be printed 5x7 ( about 4x6 for the detail and RSVP card).

Here are some links to the tutorials I used, I also googled a lot about the sizes of postcards, common invitation sizes, and how to change dimensions/basic Word stuff:

How to make DIY invitation youtube tutorial (side by side print template)

simple wedding invitation

Elegant Typography Word tutorial (I used this one a lot for spacing etc)

Printing sizes for invitations tutorial

Fonts I used are Janda Stylish Script, Tartlers End, Bookman Old Style, Copperplate Gothic Light, Contribute, Great Vibes, and MonteCarlo Script A Regular. Keep in mind with most free fonts, there are letters (letters with accents, or symbols) or numbers missing so with one of the fonts I used on the welcome sign, I used a different font for numbers.

I hope some of this information may help yall!

I made two welcome signs for posters: one regular and one unplugged ceremony. I plan on making a sign for our guestbook photomat thing, and maybe a sign for cards, hashtag, and an Our Love Story thing.

Heres my original free template I got off cardsandpockets.comDitched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :* 1

The Details card.Ditched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :* 2InvitationDitched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :* 3RSVP Card, I'm planning to put our return address and a stamp on the back to make this a postcard!Ditched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :* 4

unplugged welcome sign for church (probably wont use it)Ditched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :* 5Welcome sign for receptionDitched original free template; invitation suite from scratch! long post :* 6

馃槝 Happy planning!

6 Comments

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa
    • Flag
    These look great are you going to print them off yourself or are you going to send them off to get printed?
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
    my aunt in law is having them sent off to be printed with who she uses for her business, I鈥檓 hoping they鈥檒l come out well since she鈥檚 going ahead with getting 150.馃槷
  • Veronica
    Just Said Yes January 2020
    Veronica
    • Flag
    This is great! Thank you for the tips!
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    • Flag
    My only thing with them is i probably would have outlined your names in the invite in white not black. It helps them pop a little more
  • T
    Savvy May 2020
    Taylor
    • Flag

So pretty!

• Sara
    Super July 2019
    Sara
    • Flag

I like them! Nice job. The only thing I would change would be getting rid of the ceremony info on the detail card since it's already on the invite itself. Other than that, they look awesome.

Comment on this discussion