We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

FutureMrsWoods091716
Super September 2016

Disney World Honeymoons

FutureMrsWoods091716, on February 16, 2016 at 12:40 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 9
Saved Save

Where are all the other Disney World honeymoon (aka Disneymoon) brides? When are you going? Where are you staying? Do you have a Disney planner or are you planning your own? What are your top restaurant picks? Tell me everything!

We are going 10/28 to 11/4 and are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We are using a Disney planner because I can't imagine having to plan a trip on top of my wedding! We haven't decided on where to make our dining reservations yet, any suggestions? I'm just so excited I've been 3 times but FH has never been.

9 Comments

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

Ive never been to Disney (*cry!*)

Just want to say this sounds so fun and awesome!

• Fiona
    Master December 2015
    Fiona ·
    • Flag

Mrs Santamaria was a Disneymoon bride :-)

• R
    VIP September 2015
    Rosie9615 ·
    • Flag

We had a Disney HM. My favorite restaurants are The Wave and Les Chefs de France. Check out disneyfoodblog.com for great dining recs!

• Nicolita
    Expert August 2016
    Nicolita ·
    • Flag

We just came back from Orlando not for our honeymoon but just a vacation. With that said I asked everywhere for the "Just Engaged" buttons and they no longer have them so they gave us the "Happily Ever After" and it was so fun. So many cast members congratulated us and we even got a free dessert at a restaurant just because of our buttons. We only went to Magic Kingdom but I would highly recommend Be our guest. I made reservations about 6 months prior so as soon as you can try and make reservations. Also, since you're staying at one of the Disney hotels you could book your fastpass + 6 months in advance as well which we were able to choose 3. Top 3 that have the longest lines are dwarf mine train, space mountain, and Peter pan. Hope this helps and that you have a wonderful honeymoon!

• R
    VIP September 2015
    Rosie9615 ·
    • Flag

^Fastpasses are 60 days in advance. But yes, if you want a restaurant like Be Our Guest, make sure to make dining reservations 6 months in advance. I personally didn't love the food there for dinner. The ambiance is really cool though and you can also make reservations for lunch or breakfast. We really enjoyed our lunch there last trip!

• Tim Harwood
    May 2020
    Tim Harwood ·
    • Flag

That is great news Future Mrs Woods. Fast passes are a must and if you decide to venture out of Disney and go to Universal Studios Harry Potter Worlds is AMAZING. Even if you are not a fan.

If you need tickets to Universal I can get discounted tickets through my work let me know and I will be happy extend my discount to you.

Take Care

• Emily
    Expert October 2016
    Emily ·
    • Flag

We are honeymooning in Disney!! We are doing a Disney cruise from 10-3 - 10-7 and then staying at Port Orleans Riverside 10-7 - 10-14. I'm so excited! I've never been but FH loves it. The food and wine festival will be at Epcot that time of year, so we are absolutely hitting that up. He has an entire list of where he wants to make reservations for dinner and what not. I know Be Our Guest is one, but off the top of my head I can't remember all the other ones we talked about. I'm really looking forward to it!

• SummerS
    Master January 2016
    SummerS ·
    • Flag

We'll be at Disney in 50 days! I'm calling it our Disneymoon even though we've already been on our actual honeymoon, lol. We haven't been back to Disney since DH proposed at the end of 2014 because we were saving for the wedding so we're both dying to get back. We normally go several times a year, so I'm fairly familiar with it Smiley smile I always plan the trips on my own, I think that's half the fun personally! There are a couple of things going on during your time there that you may want to pay attention to. First, at the end of your stay is the annual Wine and Dine half marathon. It takes place the night of the 4th, so you'll already be gone BUT it will bring in a pretty large influx of guests in the few days leading up to it, so just be aware. Second, and most exciting, is the Epcot Food & Wine Festival will be going on during your stay! That is hands down our favorite thing to do in the fall at Disney. If you are a Foodie or even an aspiring Foodie, I'd encourage you to do some research and check it out...so. much. food (and DRINKS!). (and really much more!) If it doesn't interest you though, be aware that it also brings in very large crowds to Epcot as it's a very popular festival with Disney-goers as well as locals. More to your specific questions though...a couple of my favorite places to make a reservation at are Jiko, Sanaa, California Grill and Le Cellier. If you have your hotel booked on property already, you can start making dining reservations for your entire stay beginning at 180 days from your date of arrival. And if you plan to book anything that is popular (Cinderella's Castle, O'hana, Le Cellier just to name a few), I'd advise being online as soon as reservations open at your 180 day mark. Then, don't forget to book fast passes starting at your 60 day mark! Also, if you have the time and have it in your budget I'd recommend looking at some of the tours offered and maybe choose one to do. Every time DH and I do one we are so impressed with them and the guides...they are so much fun and you get to see alot of behind the scenes! I find it all very interesting though...might seem boring to others. Two that we've loved are Undiscovered Future World at Epcot and Keys to the Kingdom at the Magic Kingdom. Good luck planning!!!

• MNA
    Master April 2018
    MNA ·
    • Flag

We're getting married and honeymooning at Disney! I'm so looking forward to it!!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles