Becca
Dedicated August 2015

Disney honeymoon

Becca, on April 22, 2014 at 5:41 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 14
Saved Save

We are planning going to disney world for our honeymoon!! Has anyone had there's there or planning th same? Looking for tops or suggestions?

14 Comments

• A&G
    Master August 2014
    A&G ·
    • Flag

I'm planning a Disney World Honeymoon. I used these two websites for lots of tips and ideas:

http://www.destination42.com/5-best-disney-world-honeymoon-hotels/

http://www.destination42.com/42-tips-walt-disney-world/

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

There have been many posts about Disney honeymoons, you can search for them using the search option. That being said, there is a lot to do at Disney World. If you have never been, I suggest calling or logging onto the Disney site and request a vacation planning DVD, that will give you a place to start. You can feel free to email me if there is specific information you are looking for but without additional information, I can't give you a lot of help.

• Tiki Bird
    Expert May 2016
    Tiki Bird ·
    • Flag

Book out of season. Disney resort rooms only get more expensive during the summer months and the holidays, not to mention the crowds. Book through AAA if you can, or if you have a Florida resident in the family have them get the resident rate. Beside the parks, there are other Disney activities including two water parks, Disney Quest, Downtown Disney, monorail joyriding, etc... Do something special for your honeymoon that you might not otherwise do such as The Land walking tour in Epcot, or make reservations for one of the fancy park restaurants. If you're staying a few days, get the week-long ride photo pass (about $45) and get snapshots of you both on all the rides over and over again!

• Gina
    Super December 2015
    Gina ·
    • Flag

I'm going on a Disney honeymoon! Mouse savers.com and the Disney world trip advisor board is the best!

• Becca
    Dedicated August 2015
    Becca ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone!

@Theresa, I have been myself, but my fiancé has not... I was just looking for tips or suggestions on anything someone had to offer.

• SRhodes
    Just Said Yes April 2015
    SRhodes ·
    • Flag

Have you thought about Disney Cruises? A friend of mine just got back from her Disneymoon, and she is raving about it. She went on the cruise for 4 nights and got to go to Disney for two days. Visited Atlantis as well. Just a thought! Smiley smile

• L
    VIP September 2015
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

I haven't gone on a honeymoon there, but have been about 13 times! I can give you PLENTY of advice/tips/ideas if you want!!? I'd be more than happy to Smiley smile

• Julia Beth
    VIP July 2014
    Julia Beth ·
    • Flag

If you are going right after your wedding, you should be able to get a deal. FH and I have gone the past two years in September, and got a free dining plan both times because of the time of year.

I highly recommend the Yacht Club for adult couples in Disney. The Disney theme is understated, the pool is the best on Disney property, and you really couldn't ask for a better location. Walking distance to all the dining and bars on Disney's Boardwalk and to the World Showcase (and all the dining and drinks that go along with it).

• FutureMrsIsa
    Super September 2014
    FutureMrsIsa ·
    • Flag

I second what julia said, unless your willing to be drowning in children… not very romantic in my opinion.

• Abe
    Dedicated April 2014
    Abe ·
    • Flag

I recommend at least staying at a Disney resort... It's the best option for not worrying about anything. Free transportation, great amenities. We are staying at Coronado Springs - it's not quite as expensive as the Yacht Club but it's still more "adulty" than, say, Art of Animation resort. Haha... If I had the money I'd want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, though. Since you're going in August (or even if you're waiting until September) I'd keep your eyes open on the discount sites for free meal plans or discounted stays. We got 30% off of our stay, but we're staying pretty close to peak season so no meal plan discounts.

We honeymoon at Disney at Sunday and I'm ridiculously excited. Good luck planning!!

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

Www.disboards.com is awesome for info. I agree with staying onsite. And the Disney Cruise is the best vacation I've ever had. It was so wonderful I can't even describe it. And yes I am a DisneyNut. I've been 37 times.

• Becca
    Dedicated August 2015
    Becca ·
    • Flag

Wow, that is awesomeeeeeee! thank you for all the great ideas!

• Leon Bailey
    December 2019
    Leon Bailey ·
    • Flag

I know someone that has done their Disney honeymoon package and they loved it. I know this company offers help with these kind of things. https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/djs-destinations-travel-winter-park/52e44ebf7c59a29d.html DJs Destinations.

• Denise Johnson
    December 2019
    Denise Johnson ·
    • Flag

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Happy to hear you decided on a Disney Honeymoon, you can't go wrong. A lot of exciting things going on for you both to enjoy take a look at the following link for all things Disney. http://www.disneywebcontent.com/?msid=21779 We can help you with your planning every step of the way. djsdestinations.com

Comment on this discussion