Mrs. Velez
VIP August 2017

Disney Honeymoon

Mrs. Velez, on August 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save

Well as my wedding isn't still happening yet. I am pregnant with my second due in December. My DF and I was talking about honeymoon as I don't think I would feel comfortable leave my kids to my family for a week. We were talking about honeymooning in Disney World. Who else have done Disney?

12 Comments

• Sarina
    Super May 2014
    Sarina ·
    • Flag

Disney World was a little pricy for us to do as of right now, depending on what we receive for our wedding we might be able to. Because if we do Disney world I want to do everything they have to offer! We are for sure planning a trip to Disneyland with all the added upgrades. It’s still fun and we will all enjoy it, and I don’t feel guilty!

• Val
    Master May 2013
    Val ·
    • Flag

I felt the same way about not wanting to leave my kids for a week while we go on a honeymoon. We decided to do a disney world vaca with our boys..We were also looking into the disney cruises in the bahamas. Either way that won't happen till next April.

• Mrs. Velez
    VIP August 2017
    Mrs. Velez ·
    • Flag

Thank you. Yeah I wanted to bring my two kids along with us. My son went with my sister last week from Mon to Thurs and I was driving myself insane. Calling three to four times a day and my DF just said this won't work for our honeymoon. lol

• Shannon A
    Master May 2014
    Shannon A ·
    • Flag

My brother and sil did a disney honeymoon. they were planning on waiting a few months to honeymoon after the wedding (for money purposes), and ended up getting pregnant a month after the wedding. fast forward 2.5 year, they decided to do a disney honeymoon for exactly the same reason as you. my aunt watched my nephew while they were there, and they actually skyped with my nephew every morning to get him through the week. they had a great time. apparently if you book dinner at Cinderella's castle, some women re-wear their wedding dresses!

• Mrs. Velez
    VIP August 2017
    Mrs. Velez ·
    • Flag

Thank you Shannon. I def am looking forward to it. I went last year to Disney but didn't ate at the Cinderella castle. I wanted too. We want to go back next year but it's still up in the air.

• MegRyan24
    Savvy September 2013
    MegRyan24 ·
    • Flag

I'm doing an Orlando honeymoon with two days at the parks. FH and I have been there before separate with our families several years ago but never together. We're going the last week of September Smiley smile

• Abby
    VIP November 2013
    Abby ·
    • Flag

We're doing our honeymoon at Disney World! It's where FH proposed and we love it there!

It can be very expensive, depending on what kind of accommodations you want and how you like to eat. There are def ways to do it cheaper though.

There are so many romantic things you can do there - even with the kids!

• milissa
    Devoted April 2014
    milissa ·
    • Flag

I am doing a Disney World honeymoon. My daughter is about to be 11 and not happy that she can't go but that is where he proposed and we really wanted to revisit the "magic" all over again. We are planning a Disney trip with her for Sept.

• Aimee
    Super May 2013
    Aimee ·
    • Flag

Husband and I weren't too interested in Disney so we did Discovery Cove, which is rated much higher than Disney on TripAdvisor. It was awesome and EVERYTHING was included. And the one day admission to Discovery Cove included a 2 week pass to Sea World and Seaworld's Water park (Aquatica).

• Sarah
    Super August 2013
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

We're doing disney- a lot of people do disney- it can be fun, romantic, and kid friendly

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·
    • Flag

We went to Disney, and LOVED it. Absolutely loved it. We went in May from the 14th to 18th and we got to walk on some rides!

But it's exhausting. And can be expensive (DO THE FOOD PACKAGE AND PARK HOPPER TICKETS!!!! Stay on in a Disney Hotel, they provide buses to and from all the parks for free and buses run frequently) I can't even imagine doing it with kids.

• Mrs. Velez
    VIP August 2017
    Mrs. Velez ·
    • Flag

OMG thought I was the only one. If only my sister hears this she will freak. She already think I'm crazy putting my theme as Cinderella with horse carriage and all but in all honestly I can't think of going to the Bahamas with two kids that will look for entertainment.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics