OldFashionedBride
Super November 2014

Did your FH have a lot of input into your registry?

OldFashionedBride, on May 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM Posted in Planning 0 23
Saved Save

Question sums it up. My FH didn't think we were even going to do one, but he moved into my house and we are using the same dishes and flatware and towels and sheets I have had for years, so ...um... yes we are. Smiley smile

I don't think he wants to spend a lot of time on it, and we really just want/need basics, but I do want him to have a chance for input and in case we want some more outdoorsy stuff for camping or such.

So wondering how much input your FH cared to contribute?

Thx

23 Comments

• Mrs. Laura H.
    Super June 2014
    Mrs. Laura H. ·
    • Flag

I made FH come to the stores with me. I let him operate the scan gun. But I picked most of it. I did have him do an Amazon registry for all the camping and grilling out gear he wants. He got really into that! He liked not having to leave the house to add to it.

• Crystal
    Super June 2014
    Crystal ·
    • Flag

I made FH go with me, because we live 3 hours from everything. He complained about going, but at least he can't complain later if he doesn't like it.

• Lady V
    Super September 2014
    Lady V ·
    • Flag

We went and picked stuff out together and were pretty even on what we both wanted.

• Chelsea
    Super August 2014
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

Chris and I went to Macy's, we picked kitchen-y stufff and sheets. Then he goes, "can we register at Sears too?" I was like uhh, ok... So he went a little wild in there. Grill, patio stuff, schwin airdine, shop vac. Haha. I was like, well I guess this is stuff we need!

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

We have only done one and he actually had A LOT of fun with it! He wasn't so excited to go but once we got there and he realized he got to go around and scan stuff he got so excited haha

• Sarah
    Expert August 2014
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

My FH had a lot of input but that was the first thing since deciding on the venue he really showed a lot of interest in. My FH loves shopping for house stuff together so it was actually a lot of fun. I'd say just let him be a part of it as much as he wants to be. You might think about going to the store and picking it yourself and then showing him online what you got and he can have input that way if he doesn't want to go to the store.

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

I've wanted FH to.... but he's basically like "pick out what you like and I'll tell you if I like it too.... but I really dont care about anything that won't be seen. lol

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·
    • Flag

Our roles are kind of reversed from yours. I honestly couldn't care less about the registry, but FH really wants one. Therefore he'll have a lot of say in the registry.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

We haven't done our registry yet and my FH is already groaning about...he hates shopping but WILL be going with me. He thinks we don't need anything as he had a houseful when I moved in as did it...but the dishes we have are now chipped and don't even have a full setting of flatware

• Becky
    Super September 2014
    Becky ·
    • Flag

We went together the first time and picked most stuff, but then I've been tweaking it as we go as he's focused on other things. He got a little overwhelmed part way through, and I've learned that when he's done, he's done & not to push it. Plus it means I get to pick our sheets and the other stuff he doesn't care aboutSmiley smile

• **Mrs.Smedstad
    Super October 2014
    **Mrs.Smedstad ·
    • Flag

Mine was a scan gun hog. lol

I had to make him give it to me so I could play with it too. We had fun.

My FH loves to cook so he went crazy in the kitchen section. But now we just bought a real expensive pot and pan set (this set will out last us! Pretty excited, his mom has a set she has had or 30+ years) So now I have to go in and remove all the cookware he added.

• Kimberly
    Devoted May 2014
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

We both attended a registry event at Crate & Barrel. FH enjoyed it. He got to test out some of the knives and other kitchen utensils (we both cook, so we both had input on that type of stuff for the registry). I did our Target registry online based on items I knew we needed/wanted or had discussed previously.

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

My FH has given me NO input into our registry. I did it on-line at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I told him what I added so he can give me input but he really just didn't care about what we get. Since I care much more than he does he gave me free reign.

• GrayCatVintage
    Master October 2015
    GrayCatVintage ·
    • Flag

FH was the one that wanted to do a registry - which is easy for him to say because he is going to be moving into my fully furnished house. FH needs tools - I have tools but they are "old and crappy and mismatched" according to him. I told him I would do one at Target for some kitchen items I do really need replaced - but he wants to do everything else on Amazon.

• Macksgirl
    Master August 2014
    Macksgirl ·
    • Flag

We went together, of course. He actually helped me a lot. We picked out things we both liked. But when it came to bedding, bathroom decor etc. he left all that up to me. Which is how I wanted it! LOL

• MichiganBride104
    VIP October 2014
    MichiganBride104 ·
    • Flag

He was there. Helped with some decisions but I did most of it. I basically changed our whole thing last week to go with the color scheme I'm thinking if. He just goes with the flow.

• ashley
    Savvy September 2014
    ashley ·
    • Flag

He came with me and then we edited and added more online. He was really involved with most things and the ones he didn't care about, he just told me to narrow down what I liked to 2 or 3 options and he'd let me know which he liked best

• Future Mrs. Poteet
    Expert July 2014
    Future Mrs. Poteet ·
    • Flag

He helped at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and actually talked out some of the decisions we made about an hour and a half we bouncing up an down like a little kid asking if we could be done yet. Haha. I asked him if he wanted to help with the Target or Amazon.com registry and he said nope I'm done just put a Play Station 4 on there and we'll be good. I told him he couldn't complain what we got if he wasn't coming but I did add that Play Station.

• she's country
    Super July 2014
    she's country ·
    • Flag

I did all of mine online. I wanted FH's opinions and input. He helped pick out the dishes but it was pretty much me picking what I liked and he could choose from those. Although I did ask him to find a bedding set for us since I was striking out finding something he liked. When I came back we were registered for Real Tree Camo bedding set, including hunter orange sheets and camo curtains and bed skirt.... guess I learned my lesson.

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

^^ LOL!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics