Kristyღ
VIP June 2015

Did you see stars when you found your dress? I didn't?

Kristyღ, on January 9, 2015 at 6:30 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 40
Saved Save

When I found my dress.. I didn't cry, I didn't jump for joy, I didn't shout "THIS IS THE ONE!" I was more like "Hmm.. this one looks good, I'll take it."

For the record, I tried on about 10 different styles of dresses, and this one by far looked the best on me. But I have always been told that time would stop and I would hear the angels sing and yada yada..

I also got a killer deal.($450) It was on clearance and it was the last day to order this specific dress before they discontinued the style. (or so I was told)

I jumped on the opportunity, and I feel that maybe I settled. Or I think I did because I didn't flip out when I found my dress.

how did you react when you got your dress?

40 Comments

• Kim8815
    Super August 2015
    Kim8815 ·
    • Flag

I loved the way I looked and felt in my dress- sexy. There was no jumping, no crying. Of course everyones reaction is different. And your dress is beautiful.

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·
    • Flag

I have a dress I bought because the price was right and yea... It looked good. Then I got the dress regret. Ended up buying another one that me and 2 of my BM's absolutely fell in love with. We almost started crying and I am NOT a crier. I have zero questions or regrets on my dress. If I could wear it every day I would LOL. BTW... Can't sell the 1st dress for sh*t. I dropped it down to $250 and no one wants it. Sadness...

• Chrissy
    VIP July 2015
    Chrissy ·
    • Flag

I love you dress Smiley smile I didn't cry or anything, but I loved the dress and I felt there was no reason to keep searching.

• McKony
    VIP April 2015
    McKony ·
    • Flag

I fell in love with my dress while searching online! I spend weeks looking, & finally decided to go in & try it on-loved it. I didn't buy it, I waited and went shopping several more times. When it was all said & done, I knew that was my dress. I finally ordered it & Saks was to call me when it came in.

WELL, my FH decided he wanted to look for a watch a week later at the Saks OFF Rack, and you will not believe my dress was there!!!! It was THE ONLY ONE & in my friggin' size! The dress is made in 3 colors & the there it was in the color I ordered! I died. I must share that the dress was 75% less than the exact dress I had ordered from Saks! There is a small tear along the seam that is being repaired during alterations.

I still can't believe I got that dress for the price I paid! Unreal! Don't laugh, but I do feel like my dress was meant to be lol.

• FutureMrsMerritt
    VIP September 2015
    FutureMrsMerritt ·
    • Flag

I didn't cry until my mom started crying. I loved the dress instantly even when others were second guessing it, I was like nope this one this one right here haha.

• S
    Master June 2015
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I didn't get emotional either. I was tired of shopping, so I went with the dress that was the right price, and I felt confident wearing. I felt attractive, and I felt like me, whereas most other dresses made me feel like an over dressed barbie doll. Im happy with my dress, and though in a way I regret that I didn't keep shopping to find 'that moment', the truth is there's probably no dress out there that would have brought me to tears. That's just not who I am. Don't worry if you had the 'right' reaction to finding your dress, there's no such thing. And your dress looks great I love that silhouette Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Super April 2015
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Nope, same reaction. I was basically like "this looks nice." I had another appointment at a different store that afternoon since I had all my bridesmaids in from out of state, so they put the dress aside for me for the day and after I left the second appointment I just called and ordered it haha.

• tucker052315
    VIP May 2015
    tucker052315 ·
    • Flag

I basically had the same reaction. I had tried on several dresses and I was getting tired and frustrated. But the moment I realized I could wear a regular bra I knew it was my dress. I despise strapless bras. Plus it was on sale!!

• Monica SC
    Master October 2015
    Monica SC ·
    • Flag

Same reaction with me and the price tag just confirmed my decision. It looks good on me as does yours on you....I must say you look sexy. Smiley smile

• Tamar
    Devoted September 2015
    Tamar ·
    • Flag

I thought I was going to have a crying moment as well. I knew my dress was the one because I did not want to take it off. Plus, when I went to a couple other boutiques and tried on about 15 more gowns I could not stop thinking about my gown. I'll actually be posting the story about my dress on my blog thenaturallychicblog.blogspot.com.

• mrsmolin
    Expert August 2015
    mrsmolin ·
    • Flag

I didn't cry but I had this feeling that it was the one and I kept smiling but I wanted to try more dresses on so I didn't say yes the first time around. I tried on more dresses at other bridal shops but I went back to "the one" because no other dresses made me smile as much.

• Now I'm Mrs. L
    VIP April 2015
    Now I'm Mrs. L ·
    • Flag

I did not cry, but I came close. I went on black Friday after hours of shopping. I was tired and did not think I would find anything. Once I put it on though, I just knew. One of my girls who was with me said she could see the "shit just got real" look in my eyes.

• B-2-Z
    Super February 2015
    B-2-Z ·
    • Flag

I didn't get emotional either. I kind of had a similar experience to you, and I ended up with dress regret. However, the dress I purchased was a lot more plain than the one you're in! I love that on you, it's so flattering.

I ended up buying a second dress, and like Alexis, I can't sell the first one for anything. However, with my second dress I got emotional, but not tears.

• Gina
    Super December 2015
    Gina ·
    • Flag

Love your dress! I didn't cry or anything. I feel like I'll cry on my last fitting when I see everything together. You'll have your bridal moment. Don't second guess it Smiley smile

• Molly B.
    Expert April 2015
    Molly B. ·
    • Flag

First of all, your dress is beautiful!!

I definitely didn't have that moment I see in every wedding movie. No tears, no screaming, no jumping. I even started to second guess myself when I would watch Say Yes To The Dress. Thankfully, now I KNOW I'm in love with my dress Smiley smile

• Soon2BMrsPorter
    Expert March 2015
    Soon2BMrsPorter ·
    • Flag

Dont feel bad I didnt jump, cry, or anything like that I did have a big smile on my face and just knew that it was the one!!!

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated August 2015
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

I had tried on probably 10 dresses before I found the one I wanted. And I wasn't expecting to find a dress at all that day.. But when I walked up to the mirror in my dress I bursted into tears. I could see myself at my wedding in that dress. Then my mom started crying and my maid of honor and it was a boo hoo fest.... But oh well, I tend to be dramatic Smiley winking

• P
    Devoted May 2015
    Private User ·
    • Flag

You look amazing. I cried over a david bridal dress, but I think thats because I can't believe i am getting married and its wicked hard without my mom being here since her passing. But when I choose my dress I was wicked happy. Lots of smilies. I am also adding a lot, making it into a custom dress. At first I was going to be like "I don't want to spend a lot on my dress, its only one day blah blah blah" but then I said when I find it I find it. lol over 1k later lol.

My issues is looking at other brides and being like " did I pick the right dress?" So i learned to stop looking at other brides online and know I look nothing like them. Lol

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

I didn't cry but a huge smile came on my face with my dress. It was more of a happy emotion, like yes, this makes sense.

• JanuaryWedding
    Super January 2016
    JanuaryWedding ·
    • Flag

I didn't get very emotional about it. Maybe because it's not important to me. I tried on some, took pics. I was pretty sure what one I wanted but didn't make a decision then. I picked my top 3 and compared them all side by side. I went with the one that went best with what my wedding will be like and what felt like "me". Maybe I'm not super excited because it's more than what I wanted.

I never understood why someone would get emotional picking a dress...

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics