Abigail Sayler
Savvy July 2019

Did you have a small wedding?

Abigail Sayler, on February 6, 2019 at 3:04 PM Posted in Planning 0 121
Saved Save
I am having a small wedding with about 75 to 100 people and I was wondering if there were any others out there who had small weddings too. I'm hoping I'm not weird! I just want it to be more personal with our closest family and friends.

121 Comments

• Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    Definately not weird! I'm looking at that same range!
  • WifeyPoo
    Devoted July 2019
    WifeyPoo ·

Hi! I'm planning to have right around 100 and sticking to family and close friends. Just like you and your FH, we wanted to keep things more personal. Smaller guest list means more $ for personalized touches.

• Crisa
    Expert January 2020
    Crisa ·
    I think that's actually more towards a medium size wedding. I'm having about 80-90 people and was thinking that was quite a lot. I want to make sure the most important people to us are there. I love the small intimate wedding idea.
  • Tanya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tanya ·
    We’re only inviting 75, but I think about 55 or so will come. Especially since it’s kind of far from where we all live. It’s not weird at all. We wanted it to be more intimate. Plus it helps with the cost of things.
  • Jessica
    Super June 2020
    Jessica ·

We are going to have about the same!

• Tina
    March 2020
    Tina ·

We're inviting 80 people or so and to me that's plenty. It includes all our close family and friends and that's all that matters.

• Missy
    Dedicated May 2019
    Missy ·
    Not weird at all! Ours is only 70 people! And to me that was a lot. My preference would have been 40-50
  • Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    We're having around that many and I'm an introvert so that doesn't feel small at all! 😂
  • Eva L.
    Dedicated March 2020
    Eva L. ·
    It isn’t weird at all, we’re still working on the list, but we don’t think we are inviting more than 70 people.
  • FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

I don't think 75+ is "small" at all. I personally don't think it's a small wedding unless it's under 50 people. I've been to weddings with 75 & 100 guests and they have been fine!

• Abigail Sayler
    Savvy July 2019
    Abigail Sayler ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I totally understand that! I'm an introvert as well so most of it is family 😅 I just see these crazy weddings with 250+ people and think that's the norm!
  • Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha! Oh man I could not do that! My original goal was 75 tops but we're probably looking at something more along the lines of 90-100. That's the max I'd want.
  • Toni
    Expert January 2020
    Toni ·
    I’m from a small town in MT and that’s a decent sized wedding to me! I’m having a wedding with only 15-20 people so I’m definitely in the extra small category 😂
  • Keiwana
    Devoted June 2019
    Keiwana ·
    I don’t think that’s small. I’m having the same amount.
  • Abigail Sayler
    Savvy July 2019
    Abigail Sayler ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow, that's great though! It will be super personal!
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·

I had 75. It was perfect. Not too many people. Just those close to us.

• Abigail Sayler
    Savvy July 2019
    Abigail Sayler ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh good, that's perfect!
  • M
    Mim ·
    That's hardly a small wedding. Small would be under 40 or so. What you are planning is very normal.
  • Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    Not strange at all. We are only inviting 90-100 people
  • Laura
    Super November 2019
    Laura ·
    We’re inviting about 40. 75-100 would be completely overwhelming to me.

Comment on this discussion