S
Just Said Yes July 2012

destination wedding, which dress is best?

sally , on December 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 25
Saved Save

Please help I cannot decide between these two gowns. I am getting married in HI in July and want to have a simple feel with tropical flowers, periwinkle will be the color of the bridesmaid dresses. Time is ticking and I need to make a decision fast as Im getting wed in July.

one dress is silk charmuese the other is lace. Lace dress is on link below. Thanks for your help! I wasnt allowed to take pics of me in the lace gown, this is a random photo found online

http://premierecouture.blogspot.com/2009/11/robert-bullock-bride-welcome-to.html

25 Comments

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·

Did you try both on?

Is that you in the top picture or both pictures?

• Kelley
    Super May 2012
    Kelley ·

I like the second one better. Both look great though!

• Dena&JD
    Master April 2012
    Dena&JD ·

I like the second one better.

• Elisa
    VIP November 2012
    Elisa ·

I love the first one!

• Legacy
    VIP June 2013
    Legacy ·

I think you look great in the silk gown. I like the lace gown too but lace usually seems formal to me.

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Lauren ·

I vote #2!

• Strwpink
    Super December 2013
    Strwpink ·

• Danielle
    VIP July 2016
    Danielle ·

I like the 2nd one better

• Renee
    VIP October 2012
    Renee ·

• Jen
    Devoted May 2012
    Jen ·

#2.

• Laura
    Expert July 2013
    Laura ·

I like the first one!

• Yolanda
    Devoted October 2011
    Yolanda ·

I like them both, but i like the second one.

• krisalicious
    Master April 2012
    krisalicious ·

I vote #2 for sure!

You look killer in #1! But I think the lace fabric will be fresher and brighter looking in your photos, and really pop against the periwinkle and tropical flowers. Silk charmeuse might be more likely to show sweat/humidity spots, and might look a little more formal than you're going for IMO.

But they're both beautiful gowns!

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·

I kinda agree with kris. As phenomenal as you look in #1, I think it might show sweat. #2 is Beautiful - I wouldn't wear it because the back is too low and I need a bra to feel comfortable (not sure if that is a deciding factor for you). I also like it better with the knot instead of the bow.

congrats ~ good luck

• Genevieve
    Super May 2010
    Genevieve ·

They are both beautiful. I think it depends on what kind of feel you're going for. The silk one makes me think very formal, elegant, swanky, evening wedding. The lace makes me think a little more laid back (like suits instead of tuxes), sweet, romantic, feminine, afternoon wedding.

• Jeanette
    VIP October 2012
    Jeanette ·

The lace one is beautiful. I would pick that one.

• Brittney
    Expert November 2011
    Brittney ·

I love the first dress, but I think the second one is more suited for an HI destination wedding.

• Jessica
    Master September 2017
    Jessica ·

#2....

• Irina Feygin
    October 2019
    Irina Feygin ·

Both dresses are gorgeous, and perfect for the occasion! #2 is more informal, and if you think of tropical flowers, there is no better way to decorate your hair than with Orchids! Perhaps like this one: http://forprincessbride.com/store/product512.html or like these pair: http://forprincessbride.com/store/product548.html. Enjoy your wedding - it will be fabulous!!!

• Mouche
    Master October 2012
    Mouche ·

Comment on this discussion