Anne
Savvy May 2014

Deciding on a ring...(pics)

Anne, on October 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

We have been looking at rings and I've narrowed it down to these two...

They are similar, but different and because they are so similar I'm having a hard time choosing!

The one with the blue star is really nice, but one thing I don't like is how the band looks rough on the top where the other diamonds are...the picture with the pink star, that ring is so pretty and I love how it looks neat with the neat edges and stuff, but I'm a bit concerned about the thin band and that the main diamond will be top heavy and the ring will wobble or something?

Ugh I don't know what to do! I read reviews on both rings and both got great reviews, but I'm still unsure!

Any advice?

18 Comments

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I definitely like the blue star better. Have you tried on styles similar to these?

• Anne
    Savvy May 2014
    Anne ·
    • Flag

No I haven't tried any similar to those! We went window shopping the other day, but couldn't seem to find any that were worth trying on :/

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Definitely try them on before making a decision. Because I thought I wanted one style of ring until I went and tried on and I ended up wanting something completely different. And the rings always look different in person.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

Future is so right...and i like blue star too Smiley smile

• Anne
    Savvy May 2014
    Anne ·
    • Flag

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it! I definitely should do that, because I am known to change my mind over things haha.

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I am the same way. I will spend like half a year being OBSESSED with something and then I totally change what I want. So I made sure I didn't change my mind for a while. A few months into wearing my current ring, I started doubting it. So you have to really make sure this is what you want. It'll be on your finger forever.

• mrsrobinvalentine
    Master February 2014
    mrsrobinvalentine ·
    • Flag

The 1st ring band is prong setting which has the diamonds up a little higher, it also more light to show off the colors of the diamond.

the 2nd ring band is a channel setting which the diamond are set into the band. It's more of a comfort fit & won't snag your clothes.

Both bands are beautiful, I personally like prong settings. please let us know what you guys decide. good luck

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I would go with whatever has a lower profile setting. Mine isn't too high, but I still bump it off of things frequently.

• HISballerina
    VIP October 2014
    HISballerina ·
    • Flag

Like paris said, lower profile is best because it's safer for you and the ring and also your favorite sweater. The the diamonds onthe band, listen to Robin, if you're concerned with those tugging on something then go with the channel setting but if you want a fuller look then go with the prong setting of the first one. I personally love thinner bands because it makes the center pop more but I would definitely suggest trying them on before you purchase.

• Felicia
    Super October 2014
    Felicia ·
    • Flag

Blue star is nice, as long as it dosen't get snagged on things. I know thats the one thing I dont like about mine, it gets hooked on Everything! ! !

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

Blue star!!! mine is set up like that too and i loveee it!!!!! it just makes it pop even more!

• Mrs. McWilliams
    Super December 2013
    Mrs. McWilliams ·
    • Flag

Pink star!

• Stephanie
    Dedicated December 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Blue star for sure. Happy picking

• Stephanie ♥
    VIP September 2012
    Stephanie ♥ ·
    • Flag

I actually like the pink star one better!

• Mrs. Mallory
    Expert February 2014
    Mrs. Mallory ·
    • Flag

I love them both but personally, I like the blue star better Smiley smile

If you are worried about the diamonds on the small band, I would suggest getting your ring made in platinum- Platinum is a stronger metal and will hold the diamonds in better. You dont' want to risk any diamonds falling out!

• Lacie23
    Super March 2014
    Lacie23 ·
    • Flag

I have a really thin band and just a solitare pear shape stone and my jewler advised I go a1/4 of a size if not half a size smaller so the weight of the stone wouldn't make the ring slide to one side. I was very hesitent about it but it worked out perfect!

Are you active with your hands, ex. nurse hair dresser, dentist?

Pink star might be easier and not catch on things

They are both beautiful though! Happy Shopping Smiley smile

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·
    • Flag

I think the pink star is cleaner looking. If you're worried about it sliding, you can always have it soldered to the the wedding band once you do get married.

• PattyCakes
    Super June 2014
    PattyCakes ·
    • Flag

I think the blue star is going to sparkle a lot more, the diamonds look bigger. Smiley smile

@HalloweenBride: how common is the soldering thing? For some reason, the thought kind of mortifies me.

Comment on this discussion