We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Strlite2009
Savvy September 2016

Days off?

Strlite2009, on May 19, 2016 at 7:44 AM Posted in Planning 0 112
Saved Save

Just a quick question, how many days before the wedding are you taking off of work. My wedding is on A Sunday so I took off that Thursday and Friday before. Hopefully I can get everything completed in that time lol.

112 Comments

• Sarina
    Dedicated October 2016
    Sarina ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married on a Saturday and I'm just taking Friday off.

• OGAubrey
    VIP July 2016
    OGAubrey ·
    • Flag

I took off the thursday, friday before my saturday wedding and then we've taken off monday and tuesday. We'll be going on a honeymoon later in the year sometime. I feel like everything should be about wrapped up by that point, so i didn't want to miss too much work and use up more vacation days before the honeymoon.

• Emily O.
    VIP June 2016
    Emily O. ·
    • Flag

I'm a teacher, I chose to get married in June so that I would have off the whole week before my wedding. I'm actually getting a week and a half.

• Sarah195
    Master October 2016
    Sarah195 ·
    • Flag

My wedding is on a Saturday and I have Tuesday's and Friday's off anyway so I took Wednesday and Thursday off! That way I just work Monday and have Tuesday through the wedding to finish up last minute things and visit with out of town family and friends who are coming in.

• Soon2BMrsB
    VIP October 2016
    Soon2BMrsB ·
    • Flag

Saturday wedding and I only took the Friday off. My fiance has the whole week off before the wedding so I'm just to just trust he will get everything done and I'll just do touches on Friday.

• BrideMeg
    Super September 2016
    BrideMeg ·
    • Flag

I am lucky enough to have Fridays off (I work four 10s) so I might just take a half day on Thursday for my Saturday wedding.

• Overkat
    VIP September 2016
    Overkat ·
    • Flag

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off for a Saturday wedding. I may end up working a half day on Thursday depending on what time my MOH's flight lands.

• Adoretamm
    Master May 2016
    Adoretamm ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married this Saturday and I took today and tomorrow off

• JillR
    VIP September 2016
    JillR ·
    • Flag

Yay, finally a date twin!! Smiley smile

I'm taking of the Thursday before, I'm normally off on Fridays anyway, and then the whole week after for the honeymoon.

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

I took off only Friday before my Saturday wedding.

I regret that so so much. I should have taken off more time.

• Hollyberry
    VIP October 2016
    Hollyberry ·
    • Flag

We have a lot to do the Thursday before our Saturday wedding (RD, the reception venue said we should bring anything we need there Thurs.), so I took off Tues-Fri. That way we can get things taken care of and visit with OOTers.

• LaToya
    Expert June 2016
    LaToya ·
    • Flag

My wedding is on a Sunday as well. I am only taking maybe a half day Thursday and that Friday off and Monday. I am only taking Thursday/Friday off because I have to drive 6hours to watch my baby brother graduate and head back. Monday I will need to recuperate, but I'm trying to save my days because our honeymoon is in August and FH is trying to save his days as well.

• FutureMrsWhitman
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsWhitman ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married on a Saturday and I am taking Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off. After the wedding I will be off an additional 7 work days for my honeymoon. I already have 124 hours of PTO saved and will have at least 220 saved by the wedding. We get a ton of PTO at my job and don't cap out until 260 hours.

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married on a Friday and that will be the only day I take off although I'm pretty sure I will be memtally checked out long before that.

• Rachel
    VIP May 2016
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

The whole week.

But then again, I quit my job last week because we're moving right after the honeymoon.

• Erin381
    Master September 2016
    Erin381 ·
    • Flag

I am getting married on a Friday the week after labor day. So I am already off Monday - and I am taking the rest of the week. I will have people in town I don't get to see often so it was important I had time to get ready and visit to me. We aren't honeymooning immediately so it worked out fine that way. We are also likely going to take Monday and Tuesday off too.

• MrsLaurenET
    Master September 2016
    MrsLaurenET ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married on a Friday and I just took Thursday and Friday off.

• Niki
    Master June 2016
    Niki ·
    • Flag

Wednesday, thursday, friday and the week after.

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

My wedding is Next Saturday {!!!} I'm taking off Wednesday-Friday and leaving early on Tuesday.

We leave Sunday for our honeymoon and will be gone for 2 weeks, so We're taking about 3 weeks total. FHs last day at work is tomorrow.

I've already been completely useless at work this week so I cannot imagine how bad it will be next week. AND I don't even have any big things that need to be done so I cant imagine if I had a lot of tasks to accomplish.

• OGSue
    Master August 2016
    OGSue ·
    • Flag

I am taking the Thursday and Friday prior to the wedding and the Monday afterwards so I can relax!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles