You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

JanuaryWedding
Super January 2016

David's Bridal Dress Question

JanuaryWedding, on December 31, 2014 at 12:18 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 16
Saved Save

I went dress shopping for the first time yesterday and may have found "The One". It's a bit more than what I wanted to spend. My parents said they would help and FH didn't care that it was more either. But I still can't bring myself to pay that much for a dress because it isn't important to me. And as dresses go, it's pretty cheap. I was messing around with the DB website, and looking at my Pinterest page. I had actually pinned the dress previously. When I followed the link, it came up with a different item/style number and is about $150 dollars cheaper. I can't really find the difference between them. Is the cheaper one a Sample dress? Does anyone have experience with this? What's the difference between ordering through the site and the store?? Here are the links to the dress...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_chiffon-a-line-gown-with-side-draped-bodice-v9409

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_chiffon-a-line-gown-with-side-draped-bodice-ai10041992

16 Comments

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·
    • Flag

The cheaper one says it's a sample sale gown. I'm assuming that means it was the one that was on the floor at a store.

• Monica SC
    Master October 2015
    Monica SC ·
    • Flag

The 2nd one clearly says it is a sample gown:

Sample Sale gowns are only available online (not available in stores).

Sample Sale gowns contain imperfections such as tears in ...

• BreeCheez
    VIP April 2015
    BreeCheez ·
    • Flag

^^ It might be worth it, but it might not be. I really don't think the price is too too much for a dress (considering what I have seen as far as dress prices before) I'd say for piece of mind, if you can swing it, go with the new one. That being said, I am super cheap though, so I'd pick the sample...

• Candace
    Dedicated April 2015
    Candace ·
    • Flag

I'd say keep looking around... maybe find a store that exclusively sells samples or past season dresses if you are looking to score a great deal (there are so many of them in my area if you are around Phoenix). That way you can see it in person and decide if the sample condition is wearable or if it will need repairs. At least the sample dress says you can return it within 14 days so that's helpful. Hope that helps!

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

That's honestly a steal at that original price.

• B
    Expert August 2015
    Bridelady ·
    • Flag

The second one is a sample and has a longer train. You may need to dry clean the sample dress so ask before you pay for it.

• A
    Devoted May 2015
    Arena ·
    • Flag

OMG that's my wedding dress too! I'm altering it though and adding more crystals... hopefully DB does a good job or it might be a disaster lol. Get it though! It's gorgeous Smiley laugh

• DNA
    VIP October 2015
    DNA ·
    • Flag

I paid the same amount as yours at full price. Its a STEAL in terms of dress prices!

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·
    • Flag

I'd honestly probably go for the sample gown. I don't think they'd sell a floor sample that had a drastic issue. It says imperfections, which to me means small tears or possibly a small makeup stain. Considering the sample is $150 cheaper... I think an imperfection would cost less than that to fix. I'd probably risk it.

• Jennifer
    Savvy September 2015
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I just bought mine from David's bridal last week. And the dress I chose was on sale. I didn't use it because it was on sale I chose it because I loved it!!! And as an added bonus I thought I was taking home the floor sample.... Nope I got the sale price and I'm having dress made and it should be in by the end of January!

So ask your bridal consultant if there is a similar deal with the dress you're looking at. You never know!!!???

• Ashley
    Super February 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

The sample ones are damaged in some way.. it could be that its more expensive in alterations to fix that depending on the severity of the damage.. I would go with the brand new dress personally

• Ashley
    Super February 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

The sample ones are damaged in some way.. it could be that its more expensive in alterations to fix that depending on the severity of the damage.. I would go with the brand new dress personally

• Ashley
    Super February 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

• Vanessa
    Super March 2015
    Vanessa ·
    • Flag

For that price, I'd get the new one! And definitely go in to a store and try it on and talk to them about the pricing. They are always having sales, so they may be able to sweeten the deal up for you!

• Soon2BMrsPorter
    Expert March 2015
    Soon2BMrsPorter ·
    • Flag

You may luck up and get a sample dress in good condition but the original price isnt bad at all!!

• MissJessica
    VIP August 2015
    MissJessica ·
    • Flag

I'd be nervous about getting a sample, especially online. I think the price of the original one it's bad at all and then you know you will have a perfect dress. Having to worry about getting it cleaned or fixed is stressful and could end up costing you more in the end. It is a gorgeous dress though!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics