Sunshine92
Savvy June 2020

Damnit, i think i need to have a wedding planner binder! Help!

Sunshine92, on March 11, 2019 at 7:26 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save

I was trying to plan everything electronically via my iPad and email but I think I need to be able to LOOK at all the dates and budgets. Do y'all have any suggestions? I'm open to all options I may not have thought about. Apps, paper binders, templates... I'd like something that can easily display all the numbers so I can see where I'm splurging. Thanks in advance!

10 Comments

• Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    Yes, I highly recommend you do that binder. It has helped me greatly.
  • Sunshine92
    Savvy June 2020
    Sunshine92 ·
    View Quoted Comment

How'd you find yours? Pinterest?

• Candace
    Dedicated October 2021
    Candace ·
    I love this. It's a bunch of paper/ink, but I think it's worth it. I put it in a binder with lined paper and dividers.

https://www.kennedyblue.com/pages/free-wedding-planning-guide
  • LaLa
    Devoted October 2019
    LaLa ·

They have planners made specifically for weddings on Amazon.

• F
    Expert May 2019
    FutureMrs.S ·
    I strongly recommend a binder. I found a template on pinterest and made my own binder. I went with a 3inch one and it is filled to capacity with everything I need to maintain organization for myself.
  • Sunshine92
    Savvy June 2020
    Sunshine92 ·
    View Quoted Comment

Could you screen shot the template you found? You'd be saving a Bride!

• F
    Expert May 2019
    FutureMrs.S ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Here is the link to it. I didnt use all of the sections there. It provides the cover sheets for your own binder. I used sheet protectors for basically everything in the binder as well. I also made edits to things as needed since we are having a DW and our timeline is wonky from it. Like I already have all of my RSVPs since we have payments due long before our actual wedding.

https://pin.it/kzzkhbah4slq2o

Hope this helps!
  • J
    Devoted October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    So far I have been using the planning budget tool on here
  • Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny ·
    Zazzel has some binders that you can customize
  • K
    Savvy May 2020
    KitKat ·

I also tried to do the electronic thing but in the end I really just needed a binder. I made my own using some dividers, lined paper, and printables from different websites. I printed a couple blank calendars to help me keep track of meetings, deadlines, and payments (I also added them to my phone with alerts). As for the budget I'm relying heavily on the budget planner on here, and just printing out copies as I update things. I also put sheet protectors in each tabbed section for any contracts or loose items such as color swatches. I also made a little template with contact info for each vendor that I fill out as I book them so I don't have to go digging through contracts for email addresses or phone numbers. If you're still in the early stages and haven't picked a venue yet, Martha Stewart has a great free printable with questions you should be asking during venue visits. It all gets a bit overwhelming and I felt like I would have forgotten to ask pertinent questions without that sheet. Don't forget to include a pen, highlighter and maybe some sticky notes to your binder pocket.

Comment on this discussion