Liza
Dedicated April 2014

Cupcake cake brides ?

Liza, on December 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 19
Saved Save

I wanna do this, but don't want it to look cheesy ! Please share your inspiration or actual photos. Also, where are you getting your tower ?

19 Comments

• JuneBride2014
    Devoted June 2014
    JuneBride2014 ·
    • Flag

Sorry I don't have photos yet but we are doing a combination of cupcakes and a tower cake. we saw pics of what it is supposed to look like and doesn't look cheesy :-)

• Kat
    VIP September 2014
    Kat ·
    • Flag

Had to Google it...it is cute...but more shower like, to me.

We are having a sheet blueberries and cream cake...and a "milk and cookies" table with milk, cookies, mini cupcakes, petit fours, candies, etc. The sheet cake will be decorated simple...but it is SO delish!

• Melissa
    VIP April 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

My baker has a cupcake tower to use. Here is my inspiration. The gerbera daisies will go around the black ribbon around the bottom of the top tier cake.

• Jennifer
    VIP November 2013
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My friend had a cupcake cake. This was hers.

• Donna
    Master June 2014
    Donna ·
    • Flag

This is our inspiration, although our cakes will be iced in white and yellow and we will have adirondack chairs as our cake topper. The bakery is providing the stands for us.

We also will not be having the flat fondant like icing. I like cupcakes to look fluffy.

• Erica
    Super August 2014
    Erica ·
    • Flag

I was actually shopping for stands before I came here to check the forums. I am DEFINITELY DOING IT. I feel so sneaky because this is how I'm getting around my venue's cake cutting fee and I really don't to use their crappy cake vendor...

I think it can be done tastefully. I'm ordering my stand from Etsy.com I found a cute vendor in Mexico with affordable stands.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166683695/8-tier-cupcake-stand-made-of-wood-mdf?ref=favs_view_1

I want mine to be huge, like #1

the glass bottom like #2

and the crystal from number #3

• Bianca
    Super October 2014
    Bianca ·
    • Flag

My inspiration:

• Kayla
    VIP September 2014
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

I'm doing it! It's more practical and the good thing about it is that many vendors allow you to have many different cupcake flavors and icing flavors. That way if guest don't like a certain cake flavor there's no worries because there's 3 other flavors to choose from! I think it will be a big hit for guest.

These pictures aren't my inspiration but they are cute

• MRS_Mikec
    VIP August 2014
    MRS_Mikec ·
    • Flag

I wanted cupcakes after going to a friends wedding and having the most amazing cupcakes. Beat any cake hands down. This is what we want to match out colors. Not sure about the square cake at the top

• P
    VIP July 2014
    pittielvr ·
    • Flag

We are doing mini cupcakes and are estimating 3 per person, or around 400 cup cakes. We are doing two towers, then a third lower stand for our cutting cake. Any other cupcake that wont fit on the stand, will be in the kitchen and the caterer can refill the table.

• W
    Just Said Yes December 2013
    wynnona ·
    • Flag

I personally think cakes can be cheesy. We're doing a dessert table with a cupcake tower. We'll have 4 other desserts surrounding the tower. I think if people enjoy and remember food more than what it looked like- especially, if it is nasty.

• MarianiBride
    VIP June 2014
    MarianiBride ·
    • Flag

My inspiration we are using different flavors, will probably try to give each flavor a tier. I found a stand similar to this one at ross for $14

• Future Mrs. Kellams
    Dedicated July 2014
    Future Mrs. Kellams ·
    • Flag

We wanted to do one! The place we rented included a cake, so we went the traditional routSmiley sad We are doing cake pops and chocolate covered strawberries though! I've seen really cute things done where the little cupcakes were dressed as brides and grooms. It depends on your colors, but I think it's such a cute idea Smiley smile

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·
    • Flag

We've decided to do a dessert table so that it is more spread out with lots of variety. Having cupcakes, cookies, pies, and of course our small 2 tier wedding cake. May even have a candy bar as well. Inspiration photo below.

• Kat
    VIP September 2014
    Kat ·
    • Flag

When I Googled Cupcake Cake Brides...it came up with a Bride made of cupcakes...like a wedding dress. LOL I did not realize that it was just the cupcake towers. Not cheesy at all! It is actually the "in" thing, by us. Go to any wedding and you find the cake barely touched...but a dessert table or cupcake table...devoured!!

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

Our idea if more like what Kristen posted. We are doing a dessert bar so I plan to have different types of holders. I think it has a more *neat* look. Some of the others makes the table look cluttered and my OCD doesn't want clutter. lol

• DlovesD
    Master June 2014
    DlovesD ·
    • Flag

We are doing cupcakes and having cake stands on each table for guests to eat the cupcakes whenever they want!

I'm making cake stands from candle holders & dollar store plates glued together!!

• MissKelly
    Expert September 2014
    MissKelly ·
    • Flag

My friends had a cake stand made out of laquered logs. It was so cute! I wish I had pictures.

• FutureMrs.C
    Super April 2015
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

I'm doing one; but I don't have my inspiration pics on my iPad

Comment on this discussion