Evelyn
Dedicated May 2018

Croatia Honeymoon

Evelyn, on October 27, 2017 at 1:53 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 17
Saved Save

Anyone been to Croatia or planning to go for their honeymoon? FH and I are set on going in June next year for ours. Any feedback, or things to be aware of?!?!

17 Comments

• Trevor
    Savvy January 2019
    Trevor ·

I have been and it is beautiful! It's a wonderful country. There's no specific things I can think of as it's a reasonably safe country and I've never heard of a bad area that people have gone to there!

• Shannon
    Devoted August 2017
    Shannon ·

Op, I don't have any feedback for you :/ but I will be trying to follow this post to see if anyone answers! FH and I are in the planning stages of our HM and have been talking about Croatia in addition to possibly Italy and/or Switzerland!

• Maria
    VIP March 2016
    Maria ·

I haven't been but everyone says its beautiful!

• ToBeMrsG
    Dedicated October 2017
    ToBeMrsG ·

Shannon - if you do Switzerland go to Lugano! It's about an hour from Milan Italy and the most gorgeous hidden gem. We even took a 30 min train ride from Lugano and did some hiking and zip lining in the Swiss Pre Alps. The views are just like the beginning of the Sound of Music!

• Evelyn
    Dedicated May 2018
    Evelyn ·

Wow super great feedback ladies!!!! Thank you so much, this made me even more excited to plan!!!!

• Evelyn
    Dedicated May 2018
    Evelyn ·

I was planning on 2 full weeks, does that sound like too much time or enough since there is so much to do?

• Trevor
    Savvy January 2019
    Trevor ·

2 weeks is a good amount of time! It does depend on what you want to get out of the honeymoon too. Lake Bled in Slovenia isn't too far if you did go for multiple destinations

• Trevor
    Savvy January 2019
    Trevor ·

Have you traveled that far before? Jetlag really screws with some people more than others and depending on where you are in the US, it could be a significant change. Just something else to consider

• Casey
    Beginner May 2019
    Casey ·

Following, because we're also thinking about an eastern European honeymoon too

• Jennifer
    Savvy October 2018
    Jennifer ·

We went as part of a cruise, to Zadar. We did a walking tour, which was incredibly boring, but there was some cools stuff we could have done, namely go exploring some caves and parks. However, the coolest thing about Zadar was the sea organ! My cousin was recently in Dubrovnik and loved it- I think this is a little more vacation-oriented, rather than just a stop on a cruise

• FutureMrsN
    Super October 2018
    FutureMrsN ·

I went to Pula on a girls trip a few years back (I was living in Europe at the, so a lot more accessible). Pula was awesome and there were really cheap flights from other parts of Europe.

• Trevor
    Savvy January 2019
    Trevor ·

@Beth Booking things ahead of time will cost you a fortune. Once you get to these places and use local operators the prices are much better plus you'll be supporting more local people too.

• Rachel Shoemaker
    July 2019
    Rachel Shoemaker ·

Love, love Croatia - highly recommend! Spent a week of our honeymoon there and honestly could have stayed longer! We keep talking about how we can't wait to go back.

June is a popular time of year (though not nearly as bad as August) so maybe check out a smaller seaside village (or island) if you're looking for a really relaxing stay. If you want nightlife then the cities are great - just a bit crowded at times. But you can always take day trips to anywhere that interests you! I really do recommend spending some quality time relaxing - the water is gorgeous and perfect for snorkeling.

You're going to have such a fantastic time!!

• Charles Neville
    July 2019
    Charles Neville ·

We've been arranging honeymoons in Croatia for years. Often our honeymooners most appreciated destination is the island of Vis. Croatia's tourist board for years used the 'mediterranean as it once was line, but now with the popularity of Dubrovnik due to GoT and an huge increase in visitor numbers you have to look hard to find somewhere special. Vis takes longer to get to (2 hours by car ferry from Split) than islands like Hvar and tourism there is limited in that no major hotel developments are allowed. This is a true 'island time' place and if you want somewhere you can either relax or explore it deserves serious consideration for a 3-4 night stay. One of our travel advisors spent part of his own honeymoon there and it was their favorite part of the trip.

• B
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Brittany ·

Following, we're going for our Honeymoon in September 2018, we're big into rock climbing. Does anyone have any advice though for basic international travel like money/debit card/credit card, driving in Croatia?

• G
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Gina ·
    We are planning our honeymoon for the end of August/beginning of September in Croatia. For some reason planning this trip has been way harder than any of my other many trips that I have planned. Tentative plan for now is fly into Split, stay two nights (one day we will take private boat island hopping) then head to Hvar for 5 nights and then end with 3 nights in Dubrovnik where we will fly out from. (one of these day we will go wine tasting in Peljesec Peninsula).

Anyone have any tips/recommendations? Has anyone stayed at the Amfora Resort in Hvar?
  • A
    Dedicated November 2020
    Amber ·
    We just started looking at this option! It seems like it could be fun

Comment on this discussion