Kristin
Expert May 2018

Crafting Saturday updated with finished project - table numbers

Kristin, on December 2, 2017 at 4:19 PM Posted in Do It Yourself

Attempted to work on table numbers today. I've never attempted hand lettering before so I watched a couple of YouTube videos, practiced a bit and gave it a try. These three are the only ones that I thought were passable. I have to practice more for the curvy numbers. What do you all think? The postcards will be the fronts, I collect vintage style postcards from places we have traveled together.

What DIY projects was everyone up to today?

Share:

22 Comments

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·

Fronts

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·

Backs. I have not yet glued the postcards on, there shouldn't be any overlap when I do.

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

I think they will look great.

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·

You did a fantastic job on the lettering. My only comment is the spelled out lettering of the table number is a little small and may be hard to read if the lights are dim. You won't be able to see the back since, well, it's the back. Maybe just make the space for and the lettering a little bigger, if possible. However, they look great!

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·

Thanks! Good point, I'm imagining that they will be positioned so that both sides will be visible, like not leaning against anything. I'll try cutting some with a bigger top part too. It got too dark and I got too loopy from marker smell that I had to put it down haha.

• BabsandBear
    Devoted October 2018
    BabsandBear ·

Wow! They look so professional!

• Heather
    Super April 2018
    Heather ·

Wow! Those look like a professional did them!!

• Destination Harrington
    Dedicated July 2018
    Destination Harrington ·

Nice work!

• Kristin
    Dedicated July 2018
    Kristin ·

Looks fabulous and I love the idea

• L
    Expert April 2018
    lindabelcher ·

They look good. The 7 is the best. The 4 looks really big for some reason, and the 14 is too low. But they look elegant!

• ArianaB
    Expert April 2019
    ArianaB ·

Very nice!

• M
    Beginner October 2017
    Mere ·

Super cute. Love them.

• MDEasternShoreBride
    VIP October 2017
    MDEasternShoreBride ·

Awesome job

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·

Update with the finished ones! I got a lot better as I went along (and started using a straight edge and drawing gridlines). I'll glue them tomorrow. They aren't perfect but I think will be good enough for the 5 seconds people look at them haha. Thanks everyone for the support, it feels great to have this checked off. I'd been thinking about making these for over a year!

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·

The backs. The lighting is terrible in our dining room turned into wedding room. It has one of those single bulb "boob" lights that really doesn't belong in a dining room.

• Rachel DellaPorte
    Rachel DellaPorte ·

They look great.

• Bea
    Savvy March 2019
    Bea ·

Nice job

• Will & Tiara
    Expert September 2019
    Will & Tiara ·

Great! how will you present them as they are double sided--can't use a frame, right?

• C
    Dedicated August 2018
    Courtney ·

We LOVE national parks!! That is why we chose to get married in one! I love them!!

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·

@Will and Tara the venue has little wooden blocks with a slit in the top that they will sit in.

Comment on this discussion