Chelsey
Just Said Yes October 2018

Couples getting married on October 13, 2018 in Georgia

Chelsey, on July 15, 2018 at 12:21 AM Posted in Georgia Planning 0 2
Saved Save

Hi, ladies!

My name is Chelsey! I'm getting married on October 13th, like you guys! (Yay for date twins! Lol).

I'm getting married to Amanda León. She's my best friend and my soulmate. We met online on October 8th of 2016 while I was overseas, studying abroad. We have been together ever since, and I'm so in love with her.

On October 29th, she proposed to me to my complete surprise. We were having dinner with her family, and she made sure I went to get my make-up done and was dressed in a matching plaid outfit to her (our thing is to wear matching plaid, lol). We were going to decorate pumpkins and have a friendly competition among the family members. I learned the day of that I was going to be the judge of it. She took me to another room, while her family painted. When they were done with their pumpkins, I was brought in with my eyes closed. The pumpkins read, "Will you marry me, Chelsey?" And, she was down on one knee with a beautiful teardrop opal and gold ring. I was in tears and sobbing when I said yes. It still makes me tear up thinking about it.

We are going to be getting married in Covington, Georgia. Our ceremony will be at Chimney Park, a local park modeled after a fairytale garden and located behind a library. We are going to have signs leading to the ceremony location on the foundation of a house that was burned down in the 1800s. We will be taking advantage of the gorgeous woodlands surrounding the park as our backdrop for our wedding ceremony. A friend of ours will officiate, and we will have a memoriam for my mother who passed when I was 13. I look forward to walking down in my beautiful dress from Carrie's Bridal in Atlanta and seeing my fiancée at the alter in her beautiful navy suit with grey pants, white shirt, maroon tie, and a special wedding gift from me! It will be a wonderful and beautiful ceremony!

Our reception will take place in Legion Field, a fairgrounds/pavilion/park area near our ceremony venue. We will be mainly inside the building at Legion Field. Our colors of maroon, navy, and rose gold will be on full display on the tables around the building. Our centerpieces will pay homage to how my future wife proposed by having pumpkins and candles and wood stump pieces. We are going to have a taco bar, Publix cupcakes, and a lemon butter wedding cake. We are also going to have a photo booth! We are planning on having an intimate and laidback wedding with less than 100 people in attendance. It should still be gorgeous.

I just wanted to introduce myself to you lovelies! I was curious how everyone's wedding planning is going! Have you guys had any problems or issues? What's everyone's themes or ideas? I would love to hear all about it!

Thank you! Smiley heart

2 Comments

• Selia
    Super October 2024
    Selia ·
    • Flag

Hi Chelsey! I am so so so happy to have you here as a member of WeddingWire's awesome online community! We are so thrilled to meet you and hear all about your love story--thanks so much for sharing!

I'm linking you to an already existing October 2018 discussion post so you can jump in there and find your wedding day twins so they can gush over how sweet your relationship is! Smiley love

Where are you in your wedding planning journey? Any theme/color scheme ideas in mind?

October 2018 Weddings

Woo hoo!

Couples getting married on October 13, 2018 in Georgia 1

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Ahh Chelsey, that proposal story is so cute!! And it's especially adorable because your fiancee proposed so close to the date that you actually met!! Are you getting married on the day she proposed to you?

Also, I love the taco bar idea!! And lemon butter wedding cake!! Smiley love

Comment on this discussion