Brandy
Dedicated July 2019

Couples getting married on Jul 6, 2019 in Illinois

Brandy, on February 16, 2018 at 2:47 PM Posted in Illinois Planning 0 11
Saved Save
Date twins! Looking for any inspiration, tips insider Info, just moral support! I'm getting married in Naperville at Noahs if any oNe wants to chat HMU!

11 Comments

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·

My sister got married at a NOAH's in Illinois! How did you choose your venue? How do you think you'll be decorating it? What are your colors? Are you having your ceremony and reception there, or just your reception?

• Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment

Jo,

Congrats to your sister! I had looked at Noah's on line and on here last summer when I got engaged. Thought it was beautiful! Then early February Noah's invited me to a Vendor show at their Naperville location. I had the chance to look around and fell in love. It suits the range of guests i'll have. The pool table and shuffle board will give guests a chance to mingle and do something not typical at most weddings. We will have the building to ourselves and I like that a lot. The girls at Noah's were sweet and great to talk with . I'm really looking forward to working with them. Plus I received some great incentives for booking that day.

We will do both the reception and ceremony. I like that Noah's provides the base decorations ie: linens, and the lighting and ceiling. The building its self is beautiful the way it is with the arched doorways and hard wood floors. I'm planning a little Hollywood glam, vintage, rustic theme. Sounds crazy but i'm really excited! Stuck on colors but loving burgundy, plum and navy with gold.

• Jo
    Jo ·
    View Quoted Comment

Those colors sounds lovely! How will you be bringing glam together with rustic? Do you have a few inspirational photos or pieces that are guiding your style?

Noah's was a great choice for my sister's wedding, they only had their reception there but they loved the different rooms for guests to mingle and have a quiet chat together, they didn't have to do anything to decorate it since the space was pretty on its own, and the games kept people entertained if they weren't into dancing. I'm sure it'll be a great choice for you too!

• SaucyClinton
    Savvy July 2018
    SaucyClinton ·

My fiancé and I are getting married the day after (July 7th). We actually went to a wedding at the Naperville Noah's last June, and it was really great! The whole venue is rented out, and we had fun dancing, playing ping pong, and it was easy to find a quiet place to chat with guests away from the music. Hope you enjoy the venue, and congratulations!

• Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment

Glam with beaded shades on table lamps, rich colors, whiskey barrels, crates and old booze bottles. Gold accents pieces. Chandeliers. Hopefully beautiful flower arrangements, different textures form the linens to the girls dresses! Vampy makeup, old photos of my grandparents in the 1920's , pearls. Cigar and whiskey bar, Champagne fountain. Some beautiful draping I couldn't pick just one style! I'm doing a little blend of all of it. Something a long the lines of these. And a non-white dress! God I look and sound all over the place crazy!

Couples getting married on Jul 6, 2019 in Illinois 1Couples getting married on Jul 6, 2019 in Illinois 2Couples getting married on Jul 6, 2019 in Illinois 3Couples getting married on Jul 6, 2019 in Illinois 4
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment

Congrats! I hope my guests will enjoy as much as you did. Do you have a theme or venue for your wedding yet?

• SaucyClinton
    Savvy July 2018
    SaucyClinton ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Yes, we are getting married at the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort. Our colors are plum, grey, with a hint of mint green. My FMIL is helping create centerpieces, and although the whole planning process is stressful, we are both very excited for the big day. Good luck to you!

• Jo
    Jo ·
    View Quoted Comment

I totally love it, I'm right there with you, especially with the mixing of textures! What color dress do you want?

• Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I would love deep red, but the white dress isn't out if the running yet!

• Lindsay
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Lindsay ·

We just got engaged on the 19th and decided on July 6 of next year!! This is so cool! We are from the Effingham area (south central Illinois). Our colors are royal blue, silver, and white, very classic and traditional, with little flairs of Disney thrown in (we are both HUGE Disnerds!)

• Lucia
    Savvy July 2019
    Lucia ·

Wassup!! Married July 6th here! I'm actually kinda worried bc it's at a country club and i didn't think about how people love flocking to golf over holiday weekends lol. Oh well they have to share parking.

My colors were inspired from Davids Bridal!! Wine and dusty rose!! They will be more like accent colors though, we want a primarily ivory/cream wedding.

Davids Bridal Chianti and WineCouples getting married on Jul 6, 2019 in Illinois 5

Comment on this discussion