LAQUITA
Dedicated May 2020

Count down time

LAQUITA , on January 8, 2019 at 5:26 PM Posted in Planning
Well it's a year and 5mos. To my wedding day. I did all my planning now its crunch time. What is the best way to go about this.
Share:

13 Comments

• Chandra
    Rockstar May 2019
    Chandra ·
    I'm confused. You're done planning 17mo early but its crunch time?
  • C
    Master November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

I would say this is the complete opposite of crunch time. If you have all of the planning completed 17 months out, there's not much you can do for a while.

• Jessica
    Devoted March 2019
    Jessica ·
    I'm also confused by this question.
  • LAQUITA
    Dedicated May 2020
    LAQUITA ·
    Well i have done all my planning. I have picked everything from flowers to my dress. Now its deposit time. And getting the groom and his party on track. I also have to get my party on track so yeah "crunch time"
  • Ry
    Dedicated August 2019
    Ry Online ·
    What's checked off your checklist?

What do you have left to do?

I'm getting married this August and all I have is the venue. I'm talking to an officiant and plan to meet with her this month. I still need to make our reservation for the reception and check if the photographer we always use is free on our day. You have all that big stuff done?
  • LAQUITA
    Dedicated May 2020
    LAQUITA ·
    Yeah I got sick last year and just did all my planning. Now I know how much everything will cost and what each deposit is.
  • Future Mrs. Robinson1120
    Devoted November 2020
    Future Mrs. Robinson1120 ·
    You shouldn't have a party yet it's too soon you have plenty of time and friendships Change , and prices will go up so if you budget 5000 for the flowers add about 10 percent more unless you have signed contracts already expect to pay 5 to 10 maybe 20 percent more
  • Vicky
    Devoted January 2020
    Vicky ·

I don't really follow your question but if you haven't booked your venue yet - paid the deposit and signed the contract - start there and do so ASAP. The wedding party can and should wait, however; there's nothing to get "on track" with them a year and a half before your wedding. Work on booking things like reception venue, caterer, ceremony space, officiant, flowers (if desired), DJ (if desired), cake, dress. It's too early to order WP attire and there's nothing else they're required to do.

• Ry
    Dedicated August 2019
    Ry Online ·
    When I first came to ww and said I had a date set someone pointed out that if I hadn't booked the venue and put down a deposit then the date wasn't set.

So book your venue and go from there!
  • Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha Online ·
    I’m so confused. You’re 17 months out ... that does not equal crunch time.

Having a vision is one thing but executing it is another. Do you have a venue? Meaning did you put a deposit down? Do you have a guest list?
  • Martelle
    Dedicated July 2019
    Martelle ·

Wow. I wish I was that productive. I feel like I am in my crunch time lol and I still have 6 months to go.

• LAQUITA
    Dedicated May 2020
    LAQUITA ·

I only got this much done because I had surgery back in September. I was bored out of my mind and used that time for my wedding planning

• Sherry
    Dedicated September 2019
    Sherry Online ·

I'm also a tad confused by the post but if i'm reading it right, you have chosen everything just have not booked or actually purchased anything and are wondering what to do next? The wedding planner/checklist on here has been a life saver for me. I am 8 months out and only have the grooms suit and our rings to go. All the venues and vendors are booked and paid for in full, I did all the decor myself. If you have not officially booked your venue, photographer, caterer etc, those should be a priority as dates fill up fast. Get those deposits paid asap to hold your date. Who is doing your decor? You, friend, hiring someone....get that discussion started as well. Do you have your guest list and bridal party complete? You are still pretty far out so you actually have months before you really need to do anything right away.

Comment on this discussion