kt
Dedicated November 2009

corset

kt, on July 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save

For those of you who have a corset or worn it with your dress already, can you see the lining through the dress? I'm looking online and really need something for my stomach that hooks up but am worried you'll be able to see the little hooks or lining through my dress. Thanks!

10 Comments

• meagan2797
    Dedicated August 2009
    meagan2797 ·
    • Flag

The lady at alfred angelo was telling me to get the spanks but just the one for your stomach they dont have the lines your talking about or any hooks.

• kt
    Dedicated November 2009
    kt ·
    • Flag

I tried those on...I could barely get the thing on or off...that's why I was looking for the hooks.

Devoted November 2009
    11709 ·
    • Flag

I agree with you kt- those things are so difficult. I cannot imagine it showing through but I don't like corsets b/c I think they're difficult to wear all day long and difficult to sit in. So i'm still undecided. you can always buy one though and try it under your dress

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

I have been wearing corsetry both true and semi for around 6 years. With either form you can not see it under the dress because most dresses have several layers to them. With full corsetry you are going to have more difficulties with it being on all day long because it has a much stronger bonning on it. With semi corsetry it is more like lingerie than an actual corset however you can make some slight alterations to it to make it more of a true form. You can buy semi corsetry on Ebay for around $20 to $30 including shipping. True corsetry on the other hand will run you from $100 upwards to $600. It really all depends on what you are looking for. If you have any questions on corsets please feel free to contact me.

• kt
    Dedicated November 2009
    kt ·
    • Flag

Thanks VegasBrida that's great information. I think I'm going to buy this one and see how it works: http://cgi.ebay.com/STRAPLESS-SATIN-WAIST-CINCHER-CORSET-SHAPER-12-M-white_W0QQitemZ390072150653QQihZ026QQcategoryZ75863QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=3&ps=5#ht_2981wt_1167

It's microfiber, so I thought that would make it a little smoother? Will this kind be difficult to sit in all day like the above post mentioned? Thanks!!

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

No as that is not a corset. It is just a body shaper. The only difficulties that come with sitting is you can not slouch when you are in a corset. You will have to sit straight and at the edge of your chair.

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

Just to give you an example. This is what I will be wearing under my wedding gown. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110372863011&_trkparms=tab=Watching

When I received it I re-laced it to be more of a traditional corset as opposed to the lingerie quality that I had received. The boning on this corset is not a full grade steel and is a light grade steel. It is still bendable but as you tighten the laces the steel becomes stronger. I can breath fine in it so long as I take short breaths and can sit find in it so long as I sit on the edge of my chair and don't attempt to slouch. Had I gone with a high grade steel my movements would been even further restricted but still doable for myself as I have been wearing corsetry for so long and have come accustomed to the feel of a high grade corset.

• Danielle
    Devoted July 2009
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I wore something like that under my wedding dress and it didn't show the lines at all. I got mine from davids bridal so I think it was just more of a bra but it did suck my tummy in a little.

• Amy
    Devoted September 2009
    Amy ·
    • Flag

KT, the shaper you posted the link to is what I have. I bought it at JCPenney. It's pretty comfortable and you can not see it through my dress at all. Here is my dress just to give you an idea of how fitted it is http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49978996¤tIdx=3&subCategory=-49999486|-49998985|-49978996&catentryId=6097271&sort=

as you can see, there isn't much room for anything to be worn under and the shaper that I got is great!

• Dyan
    Devoted October 2009
    Dyan ·
    • Flag

I purchased a Flattering Me Bra (http://www.flattering.com/) to wear under my gown. It smooths out what I need it to and it's comfortable to wear. You also cannot see it under my gown. The designer (Coco) is great and can answer any questions you have about it. The website lists local vendors that sell it but I purchased mine on ebay (http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Chelsea-Marketeers__W0QQ_nkwZflatteringQ20meQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZQQ_sasiZ1) Flattering me also sells panties as well.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics