Natalie
Savvy August 2020

Color Scheme Confusion

Natalie, on February 6, 2019 at 11:43 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 8
Saved Save
Hello- So my fiancé and I are torn about colors we’ll also I guess I don’t know what will go together.
She wants burnt orange and I want purple or teal- honestly I don’t like the pairing together. We have a mixed bridal party too so there will be more girls than guys and don’t want colors to be over bearing..

Our wedding is in August. We are pretty laid back. And colors I refused to do are Navy, Rose Gold or Brown. :-) thanks for help

8 Comments

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·

I think either of those would look good together! have you considered orange and a burgundy? I think that would look pretty too. I think doing the flowers and decor in those colors would look good and maybe gray for the girls and guys?

• Natalie
    Savvy August 2020
    Natalie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t think of those colors together I didn’t know if orange and burgundy were to “fall” colors or if that even mattered. I guess I was so set on the colors I liked- mainly all things jewel tones but a burgundy could fall into that as well. I didn’t even think about gray either
  • Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·
    View Quoted Comment

I don't think having certain colors for certain seasons really matters anymore its all your preference here's some ideas... I think gray would go nicely with any of these.

burnt orange and plum Color Scheme Confusion 1

burnt orange and tealColor Scheme Confusion 2

orange and purpleColor Scheme Confusion 3

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·

Hi Natalie! I actually think teal, burnt orange, and purple look really pretty together! Have you considered using copper instead of burnt orange? Here are a few photos for inspiration:

Color Scheme Confusion 4

Color Scheme Confusion 5

• Sophie
    Super December 2020
    Sophie ·
    What kind of venue or style are you looking into? Maybe that will help you pick colors.
  • Natalie
    Savvy August 2020
    Natalie ·
    We booked a rustic barn.
  • Bluey8616f
    Devoted August 2018
    Bluey8616f ·

You should look to see if there are many wedding products available is any of those colors. A friend picked dusty rose and a specific burgundy like color. She had a very difficult time finding any thing in the burgundy shade she wanted. So most of her wedding was just dusty rose.

• M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·

I am in the same boat! My colors are Royal Blue, Purple and Ivory. For some reason I have not been feeling the ivory and thought about swapping it out with white but everyone keeps telling me white would not look right and that I should stick with ivory.

Comment on this discussion