R
VIP October 2015

Color Scheme Confusion questions

RhnCasi419, on August 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save

Fall wedding, want to decorate with warm colors of golds, browns, burgundies, and ivories, all the colors of autumn - I have ideas for decorating pumpkins gold metallic and placing them all around the outside of my venue, but as for my bridal party I wanted blue dresses, I am dreaming that my flowers will have blue in them too (and MOH is most happy with wearing blue) will a decorated wedding venue in autumn colors, table and centerpieces fall details, look mismatched with blue bridal party dresses and flowers? I'm all over the map with choosing colors. So difficult to choose colors, who knew it would be this hard? Any color scheme ideas for decorating in fall colors but the wedding party colors being blue without it looking ridiculous? I also love the blue and green look. The problem is I love every color scheme. The only one I'm not keen on is purple just my taste (although one of my BM's would LOVE if I chose purple).

9 Comments

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Eh I definitely wouldn't put blue with burgundy. Brown will be okay, but try to stay away from mashing warm colors with cold colors (bright blues with dark reds). It will definitely clash. I like the thought of maybe navy blue with the burgundy and gold accents.

• R
    VIP October 2015
    RhnCasi419 ·
    • Flag

Hmm I like your idea with the navy burgundy and gold that is a possibility. Gold is a non-negotiable, haha. So at least I've started somewhere.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Okay. I wasn't sure, so I went digging. Looks like a light blue or navy will look great with the colors you've chosen. The color "tiffany blue" popped up a lot when I searching.

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Blue actually can work wih cranberry and gold. Check out this palette of dusty blue, cranberry and gold:

http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2014/08/color-story-cranberry-dusty-blue.html

I didn't think it would work, but seeing it on this inspiration board - it actually looks quite elegant and rich. And I think the blue adds a unique touch to the typical fall palette of oranges and browns which, frankly, is overdone for fall.

That website is a good one for color inspiration.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Here are a few more

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Last one. I'm surprised how well some of this goes together. I really like the image of the table with the blue table cloth. That seems to be tying in all the warm colors you mentioned.

• R
    VIP October 2015
    RhnCasi419 ·
    • Flag

Oooh love all of these inspirations, thank you so much for taking the time out to look into them. I've been on Pinterest but I hadn't come up with this good stuff!

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Try Googling "fall blue wedding."

There's also some nice nature pictures with "fall blue colors."

"Autumn blue wedding" also works.

• NewMrsWesely
    Master September 2016
    NewMrsWesely ·
    • Flag

We both love fall colors but out favorite color is blue. For our wedding the main colors are navy blue, brown and gold(not the bright gold). Then having accent colors of orange, red and yellow.

Comment on this discussion