Joee
Just Said Yes November 2019

Color scheme clashing with venue?

Joee, on April 7, 2019 at 7:30 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 10
Saved Save

Hi Brides and Wedding Planners!

My dream wedding was getting married in the forests, so I picked my color scheme as different shades of green and brown. Then I found a beautiful wedding dress which was champagne, so then I thought maybe I should make the color scheme green, lavender, and pink instead. And then, of course, because nothing goes as planned, we picked a venue that is gorgeous but quite heavy in navy blue. Long story short, I have no idea what to do what the color scheme and hoping you can help.

The venue is mostly navy blue, grey, and spots of gold. I really want my color scheme to be green but not sure how that would go with the rest of the venue. Also, don't know what to do with my dress and wishing it had be white instead. Can you guys help a girl out?

My fiance says it doesn't matter if it matches and I know it can seem like a little thing, but I really feel like a strong color scheme can pull a wedding together and stop it from "looking all over the place." Please help!!

10 Comments

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

What venue did you choose??

• Leigh
    Dedicated January 2020
    Leigh ·
    • Flag
    I’ve seen some color palettes on Pinterest that pull this off. I’d search for navy and green color palettes there and see if you like anything.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·
    • Flag

Hi Joee!

Welcome to the WeddingWire community!

Navy and green can go great together, I’ve seen some great examples on Pinterest, including the below. I think it actually looks quite earthy and forestry together!

Color scheme clashing with venue? 1
    Color scheme clashing with venue? 2

Take some time to play around with the WeddingWire color palette generator. It suggests a palette of green, navy, and white. Perhaps this could work for you? I know your press is champagne however, I feel this will fit right in with the richness of the navy and green.

Would you consider having the navy and your main color, with green as a secondary?

• Felicia
    Dedicated April 2019
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    I love the navy, hunter green, and emerald green together
  • Joee
    Joee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's a house in the suburbs! Pictures below Smiley smile

VenueColor scheme clashing with venue? 3

Master BedroomColor scheme clashing with venue? 4

• Joee
    Joee ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone! I think navy blue and green is a good idea. I love that Pinterest post! Smiley smile

• Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    Wow love the venue! I actually love the combination with navy and green as well! I’ll add some gold accent like chairs to keep the flow with the venue. For the grey I don’t think you’ll notice much of it with lighting. I love that your dress is not white! Champagne would go perfect with it giving a nice contrast.
    FH is right! Not everything has to match but some colors do clash but fortunately this is not your case!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I recently went to a wedding where her colors were a mixture of greens and blues... it had a very "EARTHY" feel to it and it was really pretty. Her bridesmaids were in Emerald green, a lighter green, navy blue, medium blue and one was in teal The groomsmen wore navy and it came together really nicely!
  • Julie
    Devoted October 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    Darker shades of green with the navy would be gorgeous! And ivory will have a much more natural, softer look than white. I think it'll still be gorgeous!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's nice. I definitely agree with Cliodhna. That's gorgeous!

Comment on this discussion