Victorian Bride
VIP December 2019

Coaster date change, any ideas?

Victorian Bride, on August 15, 2018 at 5:18 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 20
Saved Save
I need some expert DIY help. We were originally going to get married in April. Whole wedding party, at least 20 guests, & FMIL all came down with that bad Spring flu and we had to postpone. So now I have these cute coasters with the rose gold XO that I'd like to use for our October 20th wedding. One of my friends said, " Why don't you just change the date?" She didn't know how. Any ideas? Otherwise 225 of these cute coasters will be garbage. The company went out of business and I've not been able to find them anywhere else to repurchase. Thanks in advance!!

Coaster date change, any ideas? 1

20 Comments

• OG Gretchen
    Super June 2018
    OG Gretchen ·
    • Flag
    Maybe just skip favors. Even with the correct date, I wouldn’t take coasters with someone else’s name on them.
  • Future Mrs. Petro
    Devoted November 2018
    Future Mrs. Petro ·
    • Flag
    Could you get a punch of some sort and punch out the XO and just use that as the coaster and disregard the names/date? Just make it a little smaller?
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    Thanks Gretchen. It's not a favor. Just a pretty coaster for the drinks. They would be thrown out after the wedding, unless some elderly relative wanted one. I appreciate your thoughts!!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is a thought! I, unfortunately, did purchase extra thick coaster board. Ha! Ha! Who knew? Thank you so much!!
  • G
    Devoted September 2019
    Gell ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't take one for a favor, but you can still use them for the wedding decor - just turn them over if the other side is plain pink .You could always buy a stamp and redo them yourself, or take them into a local print shop.

• ThatGirl
    Super January 2019
    ThatGirl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What about a sticker or something? I just bought a circut and they have adhesive foil that looks like your rose gold XO - If you have a circut you could make little swirly lines to cover the bottom text... like a flourishy underline maybe? If you don't own one I am sure you can order them from someone on Etsy... or you may be able to find them pre-made...

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They aren't pink on the other side but a charcoal grey. It doesn't go with our decor. Great idea, though!! Thanks!!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm listening. What would I search for on Etsy? Small rectangular sticker? I'm totally clueless for this. Wish I had a circut!! Lucky you. I love them!!❤ Thanks!
  • G
    Devoted September 2019
    Gell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Search for banner stickers
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

I'm assuming everyone knows your wedding had to be rescheduled at the last minute, so I'd just use them as they are. If someone wants to use a coaster, I don't think they'll care what date is on it.

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, all guests know we postponed. You are probably right. Of course, I want everything to be perfect. We've thrown out so many items with the April date. Thank you so much.
  • Janel
    Super September 2018
    Janel ·
    • Flag
    I think you could use a label maker and just print out the new date and stick it over the old date. They have clear or white labels - I’d just choose the white.
  • Janel
    Super September 2018
    Janel ·
    • Flag
    Agree though you could use them as-is. As a guest, I wouldn’t think twice
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much for your thoughts. I appreciate both replies.
  • Suzanne
    Devoted November 2018
    Suzanne ·
    • Flag
    It may be cute to actually cross it out and write the new date with something cute captioning it like, “it’s a do over” or “version 2.0” or “in sickness or in health” (as a reference to the unfortunate illness you experienced) with the new date. I don’t know - I like the sense of humor about something that was really tough for you guys. Good luck!
  • B
    Dedicated November 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    I agree with just using them as is, it isnt ideal but everyone will understand and theyre disposable coasters so I wouldnt waste too much worry on them. Itll be one of those things you can laugh at! A friend of mine had to postpone due to Hurricane Irma and she just put a sticker on anything with a date that said "Thanks Irma, Hurricanes can't keep us down!" and then the new date beneath that. It was cute and funny. Maybe you could do the same with the flu, and something about in sickness and in health!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    AWESOME idea Suzanne!!! I love that!! I have plenty to experiment with, too!! Where would you put the caption? There's no room at the bottom. Need to get a waterproof pen! 💖
  • Suzanne
    Devoted November 2018
    Suzanne ·
    • Flag
    I’m so glad you like the idea! I mean, why run from the situation when you can face it head on?? I think it would be cute crossed out with a little arrow pointing upward to the area where there is more space - like down in the little bulgy areas to the right or left of the date. I don’t think it matters where....as long as they can follow along and see that you’re trying to have a little fun. I’d love to see what you end up with!
  • G
    Devoted September 2019
    Gell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Along that line, you could cross out the date and to the left on the same line write "I Do, Take Two" and to the right of the old date write your new date.

Comment on this discussion