Kristin
Expert August 2015

clip on earrings?

Kristin, on December 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save

I don't have my ears pierced. I let them close up with I was younger (I was allergic to the metal and they got very infected). Any ideas for clip on earrings? Is it a bad idea? I feel like I will need SOMETHING to go with the dress. Thoughts?

9 Comments

• J
    VIP June 2015
    JHazel ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. If you find some you like, then wear them. You might try wearing them around the house to get used to them though.

ETA: Try looking on Etsy. I have seen some really pretty clip-ons there.

• Reese
    Master July 2015
    Reese ·
    • Flag

I don't see why it would be a bad idea. I feel like clip-ons have really stepped up their game lately. And I agree, I think earrings would be good with your dress.

• MrsPope
    Master September 2015
    MrsPope ·
    • Flag

Beautiful dress!!! I agree with the other ladies...Clip ons shouldn't be an issue. I've actually seen some very nice clip ons lately. You can hardly tell the difference!

• FinallyMrsW
    VIP October 2014
    FinallyMrsW ·
    • Flag

I wore clip ons and they surprised me. They didnt fall off and stayed on all night!

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·
    • Flag

My little sister doesn't have pierced ears and I got her beautiful earrings off of Rent the Runway! Definitely look there. I'd advise you to maybe rent a few pairs for your trial and then rent the pair again for your wedding. Sometimes I have run into accessories being larger than I thought they would be from RTR. My little sister's earrings were big but she really loved them.

https://www.renttherunway.com/accessory/search/categories-clip--postalCode-19103

• Kathryn
    Master September 2015
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

I don't have pierced ears either. I had my earring rip out when I was 4 and I let that one close and when I got older I let the other close. I might try clip on earrings too. I want to hear how your experience goes!

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

Definitely try wearing them for a while first. I have some clip-ons that were passed down from my great-grandmother (who never had her ears pierced) and sometimes my ears really hurt after wearing them.

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·
    • Flag

I bought mine from this etsy shop. She has some really nice ones! Everyone loved the color and I was happy because it gave me enough sparkle & color without having to do a necklace, too.

They really held on all day/night!! I had my ears pierced when I was younger, but didn't keep them up and the holes just never looked right, so I went clip-on, as well. Mine were actually screw backs.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/dalfiya?ref=l2-shopheader-name

• Uber Dami
    Master October 2015
    Uber Dami ·
    • Flag

They usually have an amazing selection of clip ons at antique shops. check some out. i always get jealous that i cant wear them since my ears are stretched.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics