Katie
Devoted August 2019

Choosing Photographer..help!!

Katie, on July 10, 2018 at 8:12 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
Hi all!! FH and I just met with our first photographer and are super excited about her! Comes with raving recommendations, has worked extensively at our venue, priced within our budget, and most importantly: she made our two introverted awkward souls feel immediately comfortable!! The kicker:

11 Comments

• Katie
    Devoted August 2019
    Katie ·
    Whoops, pressed enter too early! We are struggling with what to do next. We have 2 more meetings with other photographers booked over the next week and a half. Those were places I really just read about online, but have also worked at our venue before and have beautiful work! Do we keep the meetings and put off giving an answer to the woman we met today? Or is it OK to cancel them? I don't want to seem rude and not give them the chance, but I also don't want to waste anyone's time..
  • Lacy
    Super December 2018
    Lacy ·
    If you feel you've found the person that you want, then the best thing you can do for everyone involved is cancel the other meetings. There's no point in wasting yours and their time and nothing comes of it.
  • JuneBride2018
    Devoted June 2018
    JuneBride2018 ·
    I had another meeting with a venue but once I found mine dream one I canceled the others. No sense in looking further when I’ve found what I wanted. I say if you feel this photographer is for you all then there’s no need to look further.
  • Shayna
    Super August 2018
    Shayna ·
    If you think that you found the one, book her and cancel the other meetings. We had meetings scheduled with 3 other photographers, but after meeting with ours we canceled those meetings and immediately booked him.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with this!

Very happy you clicked with with her! The vendor process is interesting. Sometimes, we tried to push communication that wasn't working and when we let it go, we found the "right" vendor we clicked with and totally got our vision. Love that.

• L
    Expert May 2018
    LIZ ·
    It's like finding the dream dress: once you do, stop looking. It only creates more worry and stress.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    I had a ton of venue appointments and when I saw mine (the second) I canceled all others. We knew we wanted it and booked it same day. The venue reccomends a photographer, so we set that meeting and booked her 2 days after we met. We didn't have appointments with other photographers, because we knew we wanted someone who knew our venue well. So I recommend going with it and cancel the other ones.
  • Katie
    Devoted August 2019
    Katie ·
    Y'all are the best. This is what my gut was telling me, I just wanted to make sure it was acceptable to do.. Now. What do I say?! We've chosen to go another route?
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    View Quoted Comment
    "Hi, I found my photographer and therefore need to cancel our appointment. Thank you so much for your time! Have a nice day!"

Basically what I wrote.
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·

I think when you find "the one" on anything regarding your wedding you should book it and cancel all other appointments. Its easy to get confused by checking out too many or miss out on your favorite because you waited.

• Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·

It really just depends. When we met with our photographer she was our first meeting of literally 10 meetings. As soon as we met with her and took a good look at her work, we canceled all but one other option as it was clear none were on the same level as the first. the only one we kept, we ended up still not liking as much so we went with the first.

That said, we have had 3 food tastings so far. After the 2nd, we were so sure we loved them so much that we were ready to cancel all of the other appointments. we kept our third for our coordinators sake (long story) and now we are really leaning towards the third if all of the paperwork (another long story) lines out.

basically just take a good hard look at all of the others you are scheduled to meet. if they have anything better (like price or things included in package) give them a shot. If not or if they clearly aren't as good as the first then drop them and don't look at anyone else lol

Comment on this discussion