T
Just Said Yes May 2019

Choosing a venue in Ireland!!

Tiffany, on May 15, 2018 at 10:16 AM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save
I’ve been to Ireland multiple times, so there’s no doubt that I would want my wedding in my favorite place in the world. BUT I’m having difficulty choosing a venue!! I don’t want to marry in a common place like Cliffs of Moher, but I want it to be pretty intimate. My party shouldn’t be more than 50 people at best and I don’t want to put my family through the hassle of having to drive an hour out for the ceremony, or pay for another place to stay (2 nights for the night before and night of the ceremony), along with staying in Dublin.

Had antone gotten married there that can gelp with pointers?? Xoxo

4 Comments

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag

Hi Tiffany! Welcome to the WeddingWire community! Smiley ring I came across the following resources that could potentially help you find your Ireland venue:

1.) 10 Secret & Unusual Irish Wedding Venues

2.) 34 Amazing Venues For a Large Wedding in Ireland

How are the other aspects of your wedding coming along? Have you decided on a color combination or looked at dresses? Let me know!

• T
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hello!! Thanks a ton for your input!! I appreciate it.

I havent thought too too much on color combinations, but I do think I want more of a pastel chart; lighter purples, blues, greens, and a bit of ivory. The date is the fourth of May (May the fourth be with you!!) so we will be having a light theme, but nothing too extreme. We won’t have Star Wars themed favors or anything, but it is welcome for anyone to bring their wand (I’m a Harry Potter fanatic) or light saber if so desired.

I definitely have looked at dresses, in store and online. I am considering purchasing a prepones dress and having one altered to my liking and got, but I’m a bit petite and I’m more worried about the actual fitting of an already altered dress.
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's my pleasure TIffany! Your color combinations sound beautiful! I cannot wait to see how everything comes out; I can only imagine how gorgeous it will be!

I can also understand your concern about your dress fitting, as I am also petite, so it can be tricky getting the "perfect fit." I recommend checking out the following WeddingWire articles on dress fitting for guidance:

- 8 Tips for Wedding Dress Alterations and Fittings

- 7 Wedding Dress Fitting Tips Every Bride Needs to Know

Best of luck Tiffany!

• fiona
    Just Said Yes April 2014
    fiona ·
    • Flag

I absolutely adore the cliffs of Moher, i live nearby and my hubby works there all the time capturing elopements and weddings Smiley heart

Choosing a venue in Ireland!!

Veronica and Nathan, the stunning Cliffs of Moher

Comment on this discussion