Britney
Beginner June 2016

Cheap Veils that actually look nice!

Britney, on April 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM Posted in Planning 0 32
Saved Save

Okay, so I have gotten almost everything at Davids Bridal, my dress, shoes (clearance), sash, and jewelry. I haven't got my veil yet though because i just can't get myself to spend 150 on a veil when i only am going to wear it down the isle and maybe for a few pictures. So if anyone has ordered a veil online, where from and was it good quality!? Thanks!

32 Comments

• sarabee
    Devoted July 2016
    sarabee ·
    • Flag

I actually bought mine on eBay and I love it. You don't need to spend that much to find a nice one!

• Original VC
    Master July 2015
    Original VC ·
    • Flag

Mine was inexpensive, though I didn't order it online. I found a local seamstress that makes wedding dresses, and she used leftover lace and tulle from those wedding dresses to make my veil. It was CAD$30 (about USD$20). I found her through local wedding Facebook websites, so I suggest posting there asking if there are any local veil/dress makers. You might luck out too Smiley smile

• M
    Super June 2016
    Ms. Koala ·
    • Flag

How deadset are you on having a veil? I know a lot of ladies are passing on them nowadays. If you really want one look into wedding resalers, Craigslist ads and online shols like amazon.

• MrsStubbs
    Expert February 2017
    MrsStubbs ·
    • Flag

Etsy has some really nice ones

• Kathryn
    VIP August 2016
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

I'm ordering mine from Etsy!! There are a lot of nice, simple ones there for under $100.

• Britney
    Beginner June 2016
    Britney ·
    • Flag

I do want one, but only for the ceremony and then I'm taking it right off. Thats why i really don't want to spend too much on one. I was looking on amazon, was just afraid of it being wrinkled and creased from it being shipped. Didn't think about eBay though!

• Catie
    Expert October 2016
    Catie ·
    • Flag

I am borrowing mine from a friend who was married last year. She is one of my BMs and it is my something borrowed. I am not too picky with the veil but it also happened to go with my dress well. Borrowing is not for everyone but something to consider if you have a friend who has been married recently or not and still has their veil.

• M
    Super June 2016
    Ms. Koala ·
    • Flag

The veil is going to have creases, but you shoild be able to have those creases taken care of at the same time you get your dress steamed.

• Britney
    Beginner June 2016
    Britney ·
    • Flag

I was going to borrow a veil, but she didn't realize that her veil was in the same box with her dress which was preserved!

• justnaynay
    Dedicated May 2016
    justnaynay ·
    • Flag

Like you, I tried on the veils at David's Bridal and just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for something I will only wear once. I ordered mine online from jjshouse.com , it looks and feels like similar quality as the ones that I tried on at DB but at a fraction of the cost.

• Britney
    Beginner June 2016
    Britney ·
    • Flag

Oh thank you! I'll check it out!

• A
    VIP June 2017
    Along10 ·
    • Flag

My moms best friend ordered a beautiful veil for $10 on aliexpress.com. You'll be amazed at what you can find on that site!

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

I got my veil from Etsy for $40.

• Miss Mel
    Savvy March 2017
    Miss Mel ·
    • Flag

Check them out on eBay. You get get them straight from the Chinese wholesalers for practically pennies. It may take a month to get here but if you don't like it you aren't losing much.

• twostep127
    Super June 2016
    twostep127 ·
    • Flag

Etsy! Mine was from here and I LOVE it. I ordered it from this shop and it's just as pretty as the $300 ones I tried on in my bridal shop. https://www.etsy.com/shop/terihuang

• twostep127
    Super June 2016
    twostep127 ·
    • Flag

Also, we're date twins! Smiley smile

• JamieLynn
    Master June 2016
    JamieLynn ·
    • Flag

So I ordered one for $7.99 on eBay months ago. It's cathedral and beautiful.

Then, when my dress came in, there was a $200 in the salon that literally looked like it was made for my dress. So, I bought it. I may do a couple pics with the cathedral one just because I really love that look, but I feel more in love with my new one.

I think it's the luck of the draw. I was expecting crap for $7, and for lucky. Assuming others have the opposite issue, too.

• FutureMrsCarlstad
    VIP November 2016
    FutureMrsCarlstad ·
    • Flag

Etsy! You can get some really nice ones for a great price!

• tjacob2014
    VIP April 2017
    tjacob2014 ·
    • Flag

Definitely check out Etsy and EBay.

Depending on how complicated yours is, you can always make it yourself, it's really easy.

My mom and I are making mine, and I am SO excited to wear it down the aisle. It will just mean that much more that my mom made it for me. I might sell my dress after the wedding, but I'll be keeping that veil to pass down to family.

• Mrs. Knolle
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Knolle ·
    • Flag

I second Etsy.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics